Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

TALLBOYS
Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glissando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That fight on zek where you were blind and killed 2 people looking at the screen of your box healer
That or the auto-stick with MacroQuest - I'm sure both are exciting to witness.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That or the auto-stick with MacroQuest - I'm sure both are exciting to witness.
I press all the right keys at the right time with my own human brain, its a lot of fun.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

U need dark web access for these minings? Maybe swish has kodi box to help?

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

hokuten99 / izmael which coins are you mining?

which websites you visit to learn about setting up mining rig

i've been day trading on poloneix for a while but all my profits have been pure luck I have no idea what im actually doing.

I've also stood up gekko https://github.com/askmike/gekko which you can run algorithms on paper trades. Every single trading algo usually ends up negative profits. Do you think anything like this is plausible?

Do you think arbitraging is plausible?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seen those kills live, funniest shit of the season.

See you in October Jib , the Catalina wine mixer are gathering

firenze
The power of this individual is intoxicating
Old 09-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Arbitraging, in its HFT meaning, isn't possible at this point because cryptocurrency transfers are quite slow - minutes to hours - by design. Volatility of most/all coins is such that it makes arbitraging impossible.

I don't mine very much, mostly Zcash with a few dozen GPUs. Mainly into trading and investing really. I plan on mining a lot more soon, when I figure out how to do oil cooling of GPUs properly.

To learn how to build rigs, your best friend is youtube. There's a wealth of information there. Make sure the videos you watch are recent enough.

If you're trying to trade without knowing what you are doing, you are basically playing the lottery. I'm gonna save you a lot of time and maybe money - as far as major coins are concerned, follow the fundamentals, watch the news (financial and geopolitical mostly) and see how the market reacts. When you feel you start understanding things, start trading small amounts.

On marginal coins (99% of all coins), a lot/most of potential profit and loss comes from pump'n'dump schemes which are constantly orchestrated. Learn to spot them and try to not lose money to them. Profit from them if you can.

If you can, learn about blockchain and how bitcoin works. It's probably the #1 technology breakthrough of the last 5-7 years and it's here to stay.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

I agree with a lot of things izmael is saying.

If you are trying to make money right now you will probably lose, if you want to make money in a few years there is so much room for growth.

you want to get involved with nicehash miner it automatically mines the most efficient coins for your specific hardware and they pay you in bit coin.
Last edited by hokuten99; 09-19-2017 at 06:26 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

scam
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Aviak

every buy at an all time high has ended up in profits with bitcoin. pick a buy in at a fundamental resistance then take profits every 15% gain (fiat) or so and either diversify (alt coins / stocks / gold / whatever) or reinvest after a correction.

alt coins can regularly rise/fall 30% - but believe me you don't want a majority of your portfolio in alt coins when bitcoin starts surging. and when bitcoin dips alt coins are hit much harder, with some inconsistent exceptions.

for mining I'm not familiar, but there are pools you can join which mine the most efficient coins for your setup and automatically convert to bitcoin. they take a cut i think but its profitable still, maybe 2$ a day after electricity with a regular rig

most importantly, your investments should be long term oriented, sometimes I've been in the red for months before hitting green, can't say how glad i am that i didn't sell at a loss. do you think the price of bitcoin will be higher or lower in 1 year?

edit: oops jibekn already mentioned it, nicehash is probably a good place to start
Last edited by Silvurwolf; 09-19-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Closed Thread