Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should KC be an FFA zone?
Yes 69 63.89%
No 39 36.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed.

The staff has to stop pandering to the 50 or so bored lifers who just live to kill each other and spew autism.

If they actually want this server to be a viable alternative to blue and not just some forgotten side project they will have to make it more tolerable.

We need a revised PNP that outlines the rules of this server more clearly (LNS and force LNS are so open and full of loop holes that new players don't know how to use them)

We need to REMOVE YELLOW TEXT all this does is encourage the SK/Rogue Twink brigade and the COM Levi wizards to constantly harass leveling groups. Server population is growing and we don't need new players being embarrassed with a server wide emote by some lvl 20 epiced rogue when they are in rags trying to kill orcs in crushbone.

It even effects people at level 60. How many people plug at the first sign of trouble to avoid being "YT'd" that might actually put up a fight if it was just actual classic PVP. I see people fucking deguild before dying to avoid shaming their guild server wide.

instead of talking to the Lites and the Gongshows, people with 10+ bis characters the staff should be talking to the people in TMO and Thunderdome and any other leveling guilds out there. The people who actually use LNS and actually want to level in KC. Removing the PNP and removing level limits on PVP will just continue to drive players off the server because they will be the first people murdered by Tstaff level 60s that at the same time complain about the lack of PVP.
Good post

Ive been saying for a long time that PnP is unintuitive. Worse, the subtleties and jurisprudence are lost in various dead threads, not even pinned to the main thread.

Yellow text should go, yeah. I was indifferent for it when the debate was going on on forums if it was a good thing or not, besides that i did not want location to be disclosed in the YT if it ever was implemented.

You articulate well why its a problem beyond disclosing the location of the kill.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

If tiggles thinks that YT is the reason there are low level PvP griefers then he has never played classic Eq PvP before..

And that bit about listening to tmo, you shit your own server up so bad with your awful rules, you want to be in charge of making them up as you see fit here? Naw no nope
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 06-29-2015 at 03:48 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If tiggles thinks that YT is the reason there are low level PvP griefers then he has never played classic Eq PvP before..

And that bit about listening to tmo, you shit your own server up so bad with your awful rules, you want to be in charge of making them up as you see fit here? Naw no nope
Its not the reason, but its one more reason
Old 06-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is a stupid request. YT is necessary for enforcing PnP. TMO wouldn't even be on this server if it wasn't for PnP so the dude doesn't even know what he is asking for.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how people come on a PVP server and want level protection. Maybe below level 40... but afterwards you shouldn't have any type of protection.

It's not like its hard to xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_mornin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KC is a raid zone for all of about 45 mins per week. Outside of that it is a good exp zone with valuable drops. Level 50-55s should be protected from the large # of 60s that hang around there. Voted no.
I kind of like the Dynamic of KC. The lvl 60's fight for control so their lowbie guildies may feast!
Last edited by lite; 06-29-2015 at 05:14 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Let's just make KC instanced. hehe jk

KC is a shithole. Anyone trying to make it out as some great xp zone is a fool. Forcing us to keep level 50s alts around a zone just to protect it from harassment is dumb but it's the only pvp solution we have at the moment.

A good medium would be to make KC FFA on VS repop days. It would be between what we have now and complete FFA.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 06-29-2015 at 05:17 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Recycled I'm not saying you don't have some valid points because I really have no idea how high level pvp works in this game, but the current state of affairs for low level pvp is why so many new players join then peace the fuck out after they figure out what this place is about. I highly encourage the bored as shit 60s to reroll, tell no one, and then see what it is like to play from the bottom all over again.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_mornin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this being a problem and though I will shit on bluebies like tiggles that come over and troll about getting rid of YT.. I think they need to code out YT for 45 and below. Won't stop lowbie twinks but also won't encourage.
removing yt will hide the fact im chain killing level 10s at their binds

perfect
Old 06-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely not. Keep it classic.

+/- 4

Stop trying to make stuff custom content.
Closed Thread