Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish you have become increasingly annoying since you started visiting redwjamz stream. It's almost like you are turning into him.
That's probably a timeline of about 9 months or more, I must grate on people slowly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 08-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Ignoring Swish should be a new years resolution for anyone on the Blue Server, except do it now.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by led [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish you have become increasingly annoying since you started visiting redwjamz stream. It's almost like you are turning into him.
Not gonna lie, I used to like Swish's posts, but the incessant red spam, coupled with the recent nut swinging..... "yikes".
Old 08-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could just watch his video and see he clearly is creating an unnatural fight between two non-KoS NPCs using an exploit on P99. He sends his caster pet in to attack Phinny and he gates while the pet is still casting an offensive spell as he zones out. He zones out and the former pet continues casting the nuke which then lands on Phinny and the two NPCs fight.

This completely avoids the dispel proc that would normally strip a charmed pet in 2 seconds by guaranteeing the two NPCs fight without needing to be charmed. It also creates a scenario where there is no risk to himself because he isn't involved in the battle until he sneaks in to cast a Wildfire at the very end.

NPCs should Insta-cancel casting spells when charm breaks due to the former master zoning (they do this on live), but they don't on P99, and he utilized this broken mechanic to create a battle between two NPCs not on opposing factions.

This behavior was done on live using NPC pets that would DoT another one and it would create a faction war. Many players had their accounts banned from exploiting this "faction warring" to generate massive amounts of exp/loots with almost no effort or risk. The way they did it was similar but it was done on a larger scale between a large number of mobs on different (but not opposing) factions. I believe in his case he accidently created a faction war and it bugged out further and a second tainted/corrupted seahorse healed through a wall or aggroed Phinny in some way that allowed him to finish off Phinny.

It's certainly clever no doubt, but on live it was behavior that would get you banned if you got reported.

#TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Those tactics pit wars were amazing. I think there were even some good wars in some alien (luclin) zone... but I cant recall specifics.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Kobold

best I remember were in western wastes
Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could just watch his video and see he clearly is creating an unnatural fight between two non-KoS NPCs using an exploit on P99. He sends his caster pet in to attack Phinny and he gates while the pet is still casting an offensive spell as he zones out. He zones out and the former pet continues casting the nuke which then lands on Phinny and the two NPCs fight.

This completely avoids the dispel proc that would normally strip a charmed pet in 2 seconds by guaranteeing the two NPCs fight without needing to be charmed. It also creates a scenario where there is no risk to himself because he isn't involved in the battle until he sneaks in to cast a Wildfire at the very end.

NPCs should Insta-cancel casting spells when charm breaks due to the former master zoning (they do this on live), but they don't on P99, and he utilized this broken mechanic to create a battle between two NPCs not on opposing factions.

This behavior was done on live using NPC pets that would DoT another one and it would create a faction war. Many players had their accounts banned from exploiting this "faction warring" to generate massive amounts of exp/loots with almost no effort or risk. The way they did it was similar but it was done on a larger scale between a large number of mobs on different (but not opposing) factions. I believe in his case he accidently created a faction war and it bugged out further and a second tainted/corrupted seahorse healed through a wall or aggroed Phinny in some way that allowed him to finish off Phinny.

It's certainly clever no doubt, but on live it was behavior that would get you banned if you got reported.

#TheMoreYouKnow.gif
Holy crap....

I used to do this on live for xp and loots. Of course this was WAY back in the day before the fixed it.

I didn't know it was a vulnerability here. At any rate, ya it's an/was exploit and a beautifully thoughtful one when you figured it out.

I know Baelish(sp) (Admin of Allakhazam) during Vanilla used to do something like this in Freeport.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

He was a dark Elf Enchanter on Povar.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not gonna lie, I used to like Swish's posts, but the incessant red spam, coupled with the recent nut swinging..... "yikes".
18 pages of salty tears, you're all welcome - I know some people (other than me) were entertained [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Shame they moved it. All is going well on the bard if anyone wants another update?

As for this "nut swinging" you guys keep mentioning (that must be an American term)... I've just been defending the guy here because he's fun to watch and wasn't around when you were all firing shots at his life and how he's living it.

I'd do the same for all....well most.... hmm, some of you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread