Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Good luck! Id like to help in anyway I can
Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

I will be very impressed if a 10 AM Weekday ring war can succeed :P. The event isn't for the feint of heart or the small raid. You need a massive Zerg to overcome this event especially when your DPS isn't geared up with ToV/Primals.

Without 50-60 people I wouldn't bother, you're basically guaranteed to fall behind in wave 3. 70-80 you're looking at a decent shot but you need to work quickly, you can't push mobs underground because it bugs your dwarf army out and you lose their roughly 1000 DPS, and you need snarers/rooters ready to intercept every wave as it spawns. That SouthEast one was a pain because it only takes 2 minutes to get to the river and at that point snares don't stop them anymore. It's almost impossibly to snare all 6/11 of the mobs especially in the 3rd wave with all the resists before they hit the river even if you're positions perfectly beforehand.

Also are you doing the ring war as a caster or melee? I tend to think casters are better controllers of the army because they can sit back when needed and still assist the raid. If it's a melee, especially someone like a MT warrior, it's rough to try to tank and control your army at the same time.

Good news about the war is you can turn in your Declaration and not lose anything in the event of failure. All it does is despawn Thurg and Icewell for a day. Perhaps there will be some sad Alliance neck farmers, but you can get a good idea of what the event requires by testing it out.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-28-2015 at 08:43 AM..
Old 08-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

I'll be leading this on Cloki (monk). While I'd prefer to be on a ranger, people know the 'toon Cloki and I think I'll be better able to command under that name. I also think that if it comes down to me and protecting Thurgadin, we've already lost. While I love leading from the front, I'm hoping to stay at 50,000 feet and be moving the chess pieces properly from that vantage point.

If we don't have the bodies, we'll push it out. But I think we can get at least 70-80 there. We had 45 an hour earlier on an ad hoc Vindi among only 3 guilds...and others have expressed interest in helping out this time of day.

And I WELCOME the help today.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Has anyone tested HighSun on beta?

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Kobold

Piece of advice if you have a handful of giants break into a run: use short cast time roots. I don't know why, but on beta snare and going melee would not work when they run. Root landed all the time, but broke off easily.
Hopefully you won't need it.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Good luck guys! I'm rooting for you!
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanguru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Piece of advice if you have a handful of giants break into a run: use short cast time roots. I don't know why, but on beta snare and going melee would not work when they run. Root landed all the time, but broke off easily.
Hopefully you won't need it.
The Giants stop entirely when snared if you land the snare while they are walking.

However if the Giants are running when you land a snare, the snare merely slows them down and will not stop them entirely.

This is working as intended.

Rooting does help but it resists a ton in wave 3 when the mobs are level 58~.

I wish you the best of luck Cloki! Would be neat to see this completed. I'm still sad it never worked out on beta.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

will this be streamed?

why cant I leave work for this QQQ
Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Aviak

Ring Wars are fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I forgot about all the zone changes that happen so thanks for the heads up! I'm too low to help out but I'm hoping to watch from a safe distance. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

This is the first attemped since beta correct?