Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would make that new server such that it automatically restarts every year.
Would anyone roll on that server after month 6-7? It's asking for a ghost town.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally support a wipe.

Server is fucked.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Kobold

The effort you need to put in to be competitive later levels on this server IS insane. That is why I moved to P2002, I am a casual player. It takes a long time to travel here due to classic = no poK books, and when you reach your destination there might be a queue. In fact there might be a queue to anything worth killing in the 2-hour slot you are able to play.

The market on P99 however, is very nice. Plenty of gear to be had for a decent price. Plenty of ways to earn money to buy decent newbie and mid-level gear. High end gear is out of reach though.

But in general P99 is a hardcore server for people with lots of time to spend and a fanatical interest in the pre-luclin version of EQ. The advantage is that when you played for a year on P99 any other server feels like easy mode.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2015, 09:34 AM
Large Rat

Me used tu be Grux. Now Gruxen. frum Rodcet Nife lung time a go! Bak den me had lizeerd partner an was shaman an shadownight. Now mez jus Shaman.

Me start not tu lung a go.. Now me almust level 8! Yesterduy tiny yummey elf buys me skins an den me buys smushin hamma! Now me smushin reel gud!

Yu want smush wif Grux? Dis game lot o fun!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The effort you need to put in to be competitive later levels on this server IS insane. That is why I moved to P2002, I am a casual player. It takes a long time to travel here due to classic = no poK books, and when you reach your destination there might be a queue. In fact there might be a queue to anything worth killing in the 2-hour slot you are able to play.

The market on P99 however, is very nice. Plenty of gear to be had for a decent price. Plenty of ways to earn money to buy decent newbie and mid-level gear. High end gear is out of reach though.

But in general P99 is a hardcore server for people with lots of time to spend and a fanatical interest in the pre-luclin version of EQ. The advantage is that when you played for a year on P99 any other server feels like easy mode.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the P2002 crew would do themselves favors by just adopting the full titanium client instead of the hacked one they are using.

As for the Re99 server, it's what I am holding out hope for more than anything. Not a wipe of this server, but just a fresh one with a fresh timeline.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Kobold

An encouragement:

Started with nothing and basically crawled through levels 1-20 feeling like the server might be too established for me. The first time I went to EC I figured I would quit. Then I saw greengrocer (rip) asking for pixie dust and started farming them.

If you're a new player, there are high levels that pay a stupid amount of money for things that take little or no time to farm while leveling. You just have to be smart about where you hunt. Kill animals for HQ pelts, get bone chips, and always group with twinks (they make things go faster and pass on all the loot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. The server sucks to start on, I agree... but once you pass that initial learning curve, it's so stinking easy to make money. There are also tons of awesome people on the server that will help you out.

As far as the economy goes, with Velious just released the economy is more insane than ever. I've sold armor gems for over 1k to people that HAD TO HAVE THEM and then had other players offer to pay 250 for the same gem on the same day. Things are crazy now because the server just unleashed new content that's drastically changed the game. Give it a few months and things will even out.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some decent points but your 3rd bullet point under cons is completely incorrect. Asgard and many other guilds have numerous ppl who joined the server within the last year who are 60 or nearing 60 who have completed epics and are actively raiding at all levels of content. Almost every guild on this server has an open policy on recruitment if a person is willing to grind toward 60 and take the time to learn to be a competent player.
I started P99 last November after having an itch for a new video game after Diablo 3 was starting to wane. I saw some advertisement for EQ Lives new expansion so I started doing some research and I came across a P99 endorsement on a forum. So I installed, knowing no one and having no one else to play with besides myself - I had no idea what the server would be like. Killing skeletons and gnolls in Qeynos Hills/Black Burrow brought back great memories. First time back in Highpass was everything I remembered it to be as well.

So i plodded along collecting plat, eventually got 2 Trance sticks for like 100pp each. Got my first "payday" when I got a Shiney Brass Idol from Highpass and sold it for 500pp!!! I did this like 3 times, saved some more money, and I got a Peacebringer!!! WOW! So much nostalgia. So I keep leveling and moving around collecting gear, had a nice monk run me through Dalnir for Crescent, and then when I was level 45 I met <Asgard>.

I cant say enough about this guild. These guys were letting me raid Sky and Fear and Hate with them when I was level 46 and giving me loot. I got my first haste item from Sky, I got full Shiverback from Fear, and I ended up making some great friends in the guild. I level up to 50-55 - I get a T-Staff from KC, I buy J Boots, and I am in bad ass planar gear.

Fast forward to today, I have almost full ToV Sky Shrine gear, Fungi, T Staff, Epic completed because of the great guys in the guild, I have killed countless raid bosses I never got to see on live, and top tier loot is very much attainable. Starting on this server is not hard, and if you put in the time and WANT to be here, you will find your way. I have a lvl 50 Bard alt now with probably 40k of gear on him now as well. All this in under a year.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Wink

How about a new server where anyone who reaches level 55 on p99 is automatically transfered to the new server. They can only keep what they have equipped. Bags and bank are stripped clean. 😈
Old 08-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

OP should just stop playing on the server if he or she is that butt hurt about joining this late in the server's life. I've been on here for a while (I think 5 years), and none of my characters are "geared to the teeth." I'm also more of a casual player. I have my binges every few months for when I really want to achieve something. But to have sand in the snatch because other people have played on server longer (or have been devoted more time to playing on the server since they started) than you is not reason enough to be calling for a server wipe. It is, however, reason enough to stop being fail on the internet.
Last edited by Robbintha Hood; 08-28-2015 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: word left out.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about a new server where anyone who reaches level 55 on p99 is automatically transfered to the new server. They can only keep what they have equipped. Bags and bank are stripped clean. ��
Thus eliminating much of the drive for current p99 players to play on a new refresh server.