Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally have this, "Why bother?" feeling when I go to click the play button.
If you cannot answer that question, you don't need to be here ^^ Honestly, there are plenty of other options to sate your gaming ambitions. Project 1999 is tailored to the liking of anger specific community and if you are not of a similar mindset, chances are you will not enjoy your time here. The great part is that your preferences suggest your general ambitions can be sated elsewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to check out our community and sorry it didn't work out :/ best of luck in your gaming endeavors! ^^
Old 08-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

You joined P99 this month, and here you are typing a review of our server.

Think on that.

Also remind me how it affects new players that the top-end people have good gear? In what way does that affect your elf sim experience?

If you're thinking "why bother, I can't even get Vulak loot" when you go to click PLAY... you really need to consider that P99 is not your personal nostalgia stomping ground.
Last edited by azeth; 08-28-2015 at 12:06 PM..
Old 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You joined P99 this month, and here you are typing a review of our server.

Think on that.
It doesn't take 6 months - 5 years to figure out the wealth gap is getting ridiculous.

People make druids as their first character and timesink many hours making plat from ports to actually hit "day 1" and start the character they want.

Nobody said EQ was easy, but I think the "jump" rate if anything else opened up this weekend would be very high indeed from new and old players alike.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't take 6 months - 5 years to figure out the wealth gap is getting ridiculous.
So remind me how it affects a new player that me, you and the other neckbeards have excess plat?

If anything, it's EASIER to gear on P99 than it was on classic.
Last edited by azeth; 08-28-2015 at 12:20 PM..
Old 08-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to play a class such as a warrior, you'll be mocked and hounded out of the door if you're holding a rusty sword and wearing raw hide armor at level 15 (unless you're on red where everyone is welcome and in the same boat)

Most players see the level of twinking going on (by "me, you and the other neckbeards") with other players alts and feel it's only right to gear accordingly... I mean who is going to group with Soandso on his warrior if aggro is spraying around the group like a catherine wheel?

Rogue with epic at Level 1.... oh shit, he's got aggro all the time!
Monk with FBSS/Sash of the dragonborn... oh shit.
Bard with hymn of restoration running.... oh shit.

We have more impact on new players starting than you think.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you cannot answer that question, you don't need to be here ^^ Honestly, there are plenty of other options to sate your gaming ambitions. Project 1999 is tailored to the liking of anger specific community and if you are not of a similar mindset, chances are you will not enjoy your time here. The great part is that your preferences suggest your general ambitions can be sated elsewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to check out our community and sorry it didn't work out :/ best of luck in your gaming endeavors! ^^
Angry neckbeards gettin up in it here! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wealth gap complaints are way overdone on this forum. Isn't hard to accumulate pp & gear if you're patient and persistent. If you want high-end gear you're gonna have to level and join a guild that raids high-end content, which is how EQ always was. No WoW-esque gear resets or latter-day EQ gear handouts (loldefiant) here. Casual play can still get decent gear, takes time just like any other approach.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Want overcrowding?

Wait until the refresh server and 100-200 people are competing for spiderlings in Misty (and the same pop in every other newbie zone) for the first week.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to play a class such as a warrior, you'll be mocked and hounded out of the door if you're holding a rusty sword and wearing raw hide armor at level 15 (unless you're on red where everyone is welcome and in the same boat)
I have never seen any true newb mocked for gear. Quit peddling this Red is better crap. Red is a cesspool that no one enjoys. Blue is a great environment for a new player, very newb friendly. If you are new to this server the best thing you can do is ignore Swish and relieve your self of his Red propoganda drivel.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want overcrowding?

Wait until the refresh server and 100-200 people are competing for spiderlings in Misty (and the same pop in every other newbie zone) for the first week.
That's a given on any new launch night server. You basically go to Steamfont, Innothule, Feerott, Tox or somewhere a bit quieter to get those mobs in... or run the mail quest 1-5.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want overcrowding?

I agree. Not only will newbies compete for spiderlings in the newbie zones, but think about how difficult it will be to deal with popular exp zones like Kurn's, Blackburrow, Crushbone, etc. People will be camp stealing by accident because groups will have to share camps just to find stuff to fight. Even the mid-level outdoor zones will be overcrowded.

Also, I have seen some make a point about how senior blue players will just use platinum trading on blue to convert to platinum on the recycle server. There will be twinked lowbies clearing out overcrowded lowbie zones in no time.

Here's an idea: How about we stop talking about a recycle server and enjoy what we have? It is awesome here.
Closed Thread