Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sour is the best example of a weak beta who can only find a voice in life by trolling elf-sim boards I'm the most obvious way possible while telling himself how edgy and rebellious he is.

I hope he never stops posting.
I like SD. I have always thought he was amusing. He irritates me a bit now, but I don't dislike him.

But I liked apio too. When I started playing on takp, he was always giving out free gear, helping people. I thought it was great.

But then he started the us vs them, and started gunning for me, just being a real prick.

Don't care for him so much anymore.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of loop d loops for me got fixed with netcode fixes. There was a lot going on, that was causing this. And it got me killed a few times.

I did not change anything for follow, other than fix the underlying issue with tbe netcode.
Thanks man! You are awesome! By chance did you ever work Shards of Dalaya? I played that a long time ago. It was really fun and it's amazing the content they came up with. Anyway, I was just wondering if you ever helped with their code.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks man! You are awesome! By chance did you ever work Shards of Dalaya? I played that a long time ago. It was really fun and it's amazing the content they came up with. Anyway, I was just wondering if you ever helped with their code.
I helped some with PL in their netcode several years ago. It delayed going into PL. Didnt totally fix it.

Search on their wiki for Haynar, and my custom sword i got as a reward comes up.

H
Old 04-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I helped some with PL in their netcode several years ago. It delayed going into PL. Didnt totally fix it.

Search on their wiki for Haynar, and my custom sword i got as a reward comes up.

H
If only I had the time to become a awesome coder like you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only I had the time to become a awesome coder like you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get started. Pick something you enjoy. I have been coding stuff here and there for 20 years.

I am not near as good as most people. But I keep trying. And I believe that anything is possible to accomplish just about.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Really enjoying this sever.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seconded.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
started playing on it again after a year? or so off, alot of changes for the better.
+1
Old 04-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Developer

While I have been away on special assignment, working on netcode for EQEmu, our own cavedude went into BEASTMODE!!! Lots of good changes in latest patch. Progress continues on Velious development. Looking for a late summer or fall release. Good fun to be had by all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robregen
Code:
Cavedude
* Removed RestRegen code as our client does not support it.
* Mezzed NPCs will no longer seek out new clients to add to their hatelist and will no longer call for help.
* Corrected the issue causing charmed NPCs to despawn when their player master leaves the zone.
* Fixed an issue causing phantom waypoints to be added to the end of patrol and circle type grids.
* Further changes to OP_Damage packet generation to prevent double messages for debuffs with a direct damage component.
* Moved OP_Damage packet generation from CommonDamage to its own method, Mob::GenerateDamagePackets()
* Some small tweaks to the filters and how the caster receives damage messages in GenerateDamagePackets.
* Feign Death will now block PC to PC trade requests.
* Defensive skills can now skillup while invulernable.
* Added enums for damage types so we know what we're looking at.
* Moved OP_Damage from encode to native code.
* NPC shouts will now display in white text.
* Changed some spell failure messges incorrectly using MT_Shout to use CC_User_SpellFailure instead.
* Changed several messges using MT_SpellFailure to use CC_User_SpellFailure to be more uniform.
* Summon Companion will no longer summon pets that appear on another NPC's hatelist.
* Pets that are engaged will now add entities that attack their master to their hatelist. (Previously, they were not adding anything to their hatelist while engaged unless they were directly attacked.)
* Added message when Summon Companion fails due to the pet having aggro.
* Removed the engaged and hate checks from the flee ally count.
* NPCs that are deep green to top hate will now flee if able. (We can tweak this one if it doesn't seem right.)
* /consent will now work on any offline character, even if they don't yet exist.
* Rewrote the consent packet logic and added some comments.
* Regen rewrite:
--------------------------------------------------
--- Rewrote HP regen formula to match the client.
--- Rewrote mana regen formula (Thanks to Ravenwing and guildmate)
--- As a result of the above, Bard mana regen is now a fixed value (with level bonuses) instead of being based on meditate skill.
--- HP and mana regen will now take level, item, spell, and AA bonuses into account even when hungry/thirsty.
--- Classes that do not get mana will no longer calculate mana regen (this includes low level hybrids.)
--- Change endurance regeneration to send fewer packets. It now works closer to the behavior seen in packet collects from Al'Kabor.
--- Being either hungry or thirsty will now lower/stop mana and hp regen and stop endurance regen. This is how the client works, and due to the other changes in this commit the server must now match to prevent falling out of sync.
--- Rewrote code that causes endurance to drop when hungry/thristy to cause smoother updates.
--- Endurance updates will no longer occur when endurance has not changed.
--- Implemented STR/AGI/DEX penalties when endurance is low.
--- Added rule AlKabor:NPCsSendHPUpdatesPerTic. When true, NPCs will send HP updates to players per tick or when targeted instead of real time. This is correct behavior for Al'Kabor, but probably not desired. This rule is more for preservation. Defaults to false.
--- Added Regen logsys category, SQL handled by world automagically.
--- Added #showregen command to provide details about a player's regeneration.
---------------------------------------------------
Haynar
* Fixed a pathing bug where mobs/pets could get stuck, when they can't find a node route to their destination.
* Fixed a hate list issue with scripts, that was inadvertently clearing the hate list when it was not desired.
* Updated some position rounding for mob movements.
Torven
* Strength modifiers will now adjust NPC offense.
* Agility modifiers will now adjust NPC avoidance.
* NPC offense, mitigation, avoidance, and to-hit calcs have been slightly adjusted to be more accurate.
* Spells with IDs 859 to 1023 have been hardcoded to be uninterruptable. This was discovered in a client decompile by Demonstar55. (these spells are stuff like drake breath and raid boss AoEs)
Robregen
* Added IsMobSpawnedBySpawnID function to lua (thanks Cavedude)

Database:
Robregen
* Added a missing faction for a soulsipper in Emerald Jungle.
* Added a missing see ivu for a drolvarg pawbuster in Karnor's Castle.
* removed see invisible from live names as well as see undead from undead named in Mistmoore Castle.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

This thread catches fire at page 20 and is lit for the next 72 pages. Great read while taking a massive shit.

In seriousness, did either of these servers ever really take off?