Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Kobold

That’s it! I’m going to clown college!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The in game behavior and forums behavior has been atrocious. However it goes far beyond the vitriol aimed at guides and it's not just the bombardment of petitions filed by "helpers" to "purge the immersion killing names" at the guides.

It's the overall total lack of empathy on behalf of the players who have tormented their fellow players who lost their names which they felt great emotional attachment to.

I said it from the beginning, it wasn't cool and I stand by that. Why torment and aggravate the situation more? Because "it's fun to torment people when they are angry" is the response I got. Really guys? This is sad.

If I understand clearly, a new technology is being used that grants a wider view of names in the game. Names have been viewed under higher scrutiny since using this newer technology and so names have subsequently been wiped now that they are being recognized easier and faster.

Llandris, why couldn't this have been shared earlier and thus perhaps some of the storm could have been managed easier once it began? If players had understood that names could possibly be getting wiped, names that were established for years I only can think it might have helped some if they had a warning.

Sure, some people would rage no matter what, but a great many people would have done better with a warning ahead of time instead of letting them find out by logging in and seeing their names wiped and replaced by a generic name of others choosing.

Anyway, we actually lost some longtime veteran players due to this, perhaps they will be back maybe not. Those who say names mean nothing need to understand that names mean nothing to them, but to others a character's name means a lot.
Sorry dad
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Banned

Wait so they people who had names changed were given a generic RNG name?
Old 02-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The name Loramin should not exist in Norrath. Cleanse it. No one is above the rules.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens is a terrible guild name and should be Cleansed
Old 02-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Banned

FIled my petition on Platwhore.

Still waiting a name change on Womblord.

Please help!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

RIP name snitches
Old 02-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Can we petition NPC names like Guard Chopin, Guard Bach, or Joffrey and Sansa in Qeynos? They're ruining my Norrathian immersion with real-world references (T_T)
Old 02-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Everyone should just try and come up with a unique name that is not inspired by anything at all, like me.
Closed Thread