Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Despite ruining my immersion, I always liked seeing your gnome warrior Austinpowerz and our brief time killing dragons together.

I hope you think up a name that equals the quality of your character!

PST if you want help brainstorming
Old 02-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
omg never saw that nilbog was goblin![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's right, Edocorb! Now you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is like if the NYPD suddenly started handing out tickets for people dancing in bars under the archaic Cabaret Law and following up with “too bad folks it’s been in the rule book since 1926.”

Oh wait the city did start selectively enforcing that dumb old law as a method to close certain businesses it deemed were a nuisance which resulted in public backlash and it took years of legislation until it was finally repealed in 2017.

Let’s keep tearing down these nonsensical outdated regulations, F tha police!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little sad that the name gestapo are finished. It was really fun and I enjoyed the time I logged in to inform on people. But too many nerds got out of hand and made a headache for our blessed, immersion loving staff.

I have laid down my laurels but will keep them freshly dusted in case the staff ever needs the List to continue.

KITTENS DELENDA EST
You are missing on some pro roleplaying opportunities here by being the mob leader with a pitchfork instead of giving some of these names deeper consideration. Many names are clear violations (eg austinpowers, loramin) but others are much more arguable. I'd like to hear some skarlorn breakdowns of reasoning behind your choices. Baler wasnt up to the task but you've got more moxie.

For instance, what rule specifically does "kittens who say meow" break? State your case for the record, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What they are is people, people who love this game so much that they volunteer their own free time, spending some of it to change obviously recognizable names that don't belong in Norath so that everyone else can enjoy the game more. That basic fact makes me feel my name is relatively safe, but at the same time it also ensures that I'll feel no ill will if it does get changed. And I really think it would help a lot if everyone else here also tried to keep that basic fact in mind when having these discussions.
Flattery will get you nowhere. Loramin is the property of the Colgate-Palmolive corporation and has been since the 1970's.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Expediency;2657626]

For instance, what rule specifically does "kittens who say meow" break? State your case for the record, sir.
/QUOTE]

Generally, people are too emotional and reactionary for me to have a SERIOUS and IN DEPTH discussion of this matter; however I have appreciated your in depth exploration of names and am actually very pleased to be sharing forum about this.

I appreciate this first point you have brought up and it is a point upon which I must revise my inflammatory meme shitposting. After extensive review, there is NO clause in naming policy that discusses guild names. As far as I'm concerned at this point, if a GM has approved a guild name, that name is totally acceptable.

I formally lodge an apology for attempting the destruction and salting of the <Kittens Who Say Meow>

Now, as to the individual name petitioning, I agree completely that there are great Roleplay opportunities. In an earlier post in this thread I broke down my system for hunting immersion ruining names. Whenever I see someone, I ALWAYS engage them in roleplay and try to see if they can RP a reason for their name. There were several ppl who were amazing at this and it was really fun.

i gotta get on a call

please reply
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flattery will get you nowhere. Loramin is the property of the Colgate-Palmolive corporation and has been since the 1970's.
Really? Are you saying that because you're involved in IP law and know it to be true, or because you threw "Loramin" in to Google and some random webpage came up?

Because if you search the actual USPTO search for "Loramin" you get ...

Quote:
No TESS records were found to match the criteria of your query.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Aviak

So kittens and dial a dad are going nowhere but tons of people got their names cucked. Talk about half measures.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have laid down my laurels but will keep them freshly dusted in case the staff ever needs the List to continue.
Your laurels were stripped for obviously bias and possible Filipino ladyboy service acceptance. A warrior who can't pray to Rallos Zek..
Old 02-13-2018, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

��
You should lay down your policy breaking name
Old 02-13-2018, 01:42 AM
Banned

What is this, some sort of coup de Filbus
Closed Thread