Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean WoW private servers have been really popular for years now despite Blizzards best efforts to shut them down. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that WoW classic is going to do just fine.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people who play for about a week and then quit because the game is a lot less forgiving than they remember, but there will still be plenty of people playing it.
I got absolutely destroyed as a nub warrior on a private server. It's nothing like live where you just pull a bunch and clear zones out solo. What will kill my interest is the monotony of doing molten core, onyxia and BRD again and again.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean WoW private servers have been really popular for years now despite Blizzards best efforts to shut them down. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that WoW classic is going to do just fine.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people who play for about a week and then quit because the game is a lot less forgiving than they remember, but there will still be plenty of people playing it.
private servers are free, wow classic costs money

personally i think classic wow is way less unforgiving than classic EQ. my problem with it is that it is, if i remember correctly, bad.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got absolutely destroyed as a nub warrior on a private server. It's nothing like live where you just pull a bunch and clear zones out solo. What will kill my interest is the monotony of doing molten core, onyxia and BRD again and again.
what about pbae ?? chardok ae ?? that didnt ruin this server for you, or sky pulling

MC will take an hour to clear, youre not upto speed on classic meta
Old 07-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely destroyed mean you got killed then had to run back to your corpse as a ghost? damn bro, that's rough as hell.

Maybe they will sell an end of game token to players so they don't have to repeat stuff they didn't find interesting to begin with. Print it out and place it in a frame. Hang it in your office next to the eagle scout certificate, college diploma(s) and that picture taken with your childhood hero.

Sorry you can't solo an MMORPG, that is why Necros were pariahs in classic.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, keep reading into my comment as if I'm ten layers deep. It means I died not expecting my opponent to put up a fight. A lot will remember their time playing WoW with heirloom gear which completely trivialized content. Not the inconvenient twenty minute ghost runs, poor itemization in raids, hour long respawn on black lotus for flasks, etc. There is a lot to enjoy and leveling is a big part of it because of how different it is from live.

Quote:
what about pbae ?? chardok ae ?? that didnt ruin this server for you, or sky pulling
Ah yes, all those things relevant to the conversation. Your straw man argument needs some substance.
Quote:
Absolutely destroyed mean you got killed then had to run back to your corpse as a ghost? damn bro, that's rough as hell.
Thanks bro. I ended up rolling a different class more suited to my play style and had a lot of fun!
Old 07-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

My wow classic discord is bumping. Get on board! Horde only, if your planning on going alliance you can go hang with asmongold.

Tazdingo
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 07-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

One time I got extremely upset that some elf simulation enthusiasts went from obscure server #1642 to obscure server #71667
Old 07-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yea, I'll probably play casually, but I can't really see myself grinding raids on classic WoW, the raids by todays standards are extremely boring.

PvP could be a lot of fun but I was more of a fan of arena's than I was battlegrounds, and dueling though. World PvP will likely suck one faction will largely out number the other faction and the biggest zerg will win.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wow classic discord is bumping. Get on board! Horde only, if your planning on going alliance you can go hang with asmongold.

Tazdingo
My two brothers, uncle, two boys, and I will be rolling horde. Probably won't be fast paced on the leveling front to hang though.

I watched Asmongold for the first time the other week. He's like a bad liquor, going to take some time adjusting my palete to.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My two brothers, uncle, two boys, and I will be rolling horde. Probably won't be fast paced on the leveling front to hang though.

I watched Asmongold for the first time the other week. He's like a bad liquor, going to take some time adjusting my palete to.
I just learned about his stream and videos, its got good info on it but he's definitely something else. Trying to learn a bunch about the game from all these streamers

This is the best part about classic wow and green, people are coming together to play old games they love.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Closed Thread