Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't say for sure, but realistically it's probably two-fold:
  1. it's summer with extended weekday windows, classic WoW & green server around the corner, and crawls now taking 30-60 mins and upwards to kill (requiring attention!) instead of just a 5 minute batphone auto-attack;
  2. some warm-weather raiders wanting to just log into a zerg and receive loot and deciding that Riot is the easiest way to achieve that.
Plenty of people liked to mock us for our warmbody batphone responders who contributed nothing but bodies. I'm glad the few that have switched so far have been able to forgive past mud-slinging and have found a welcoming home that won't judge them for it.
You also completely ignore this factor:

3. You have a very vocal minority who are not discouraged by officers from talking like they do. That minority does a lot to sway the opinion of outsiders on what AM is and how they act. They do it both in game and on forums, and their attitudes turn people away and towards guilds who tend to put a more positive face forward.

AM is a guild who's outward identity, maybe against what the officers would prefer, is that of an isolationist guild whom does everything on their own and could care less what other guilds think.

While that isn't wholly the worst position to have, you can't expect elongated growth when a lot of the more casual guilds end up feeding the top guilds. Casual guilds can't often compete on many mobs, and when they see a guild getting more mobs and that guild is willing to partner up and take others under their wing it becomes easy to see who they would prefer to go towards when the members feel that itch to raid more.

AM isn't all horrible people. Shit, even one of the "offenders" who paint a not so friendly picture of AM, Tofat, is a really kind guy. I have had a few really pleasant conversations and I do enjoy when they happen. But the thing is that you allow members to paint you into a light that is less than favorable. First impressions of a lvl 20 first time character isn't going to be in ToV, it will be here. They see that, and from there they will develop their perceptions of your guild.

Summer doesn't help. Green and Classic WoW don't help. A couple bad cycles and a couple people jumping shit don't help. But those are all small fractions of the whole.

It may be easy to sit from the inside and see what you see and say "naw, this isn't an issue. Were a guild of people who are fun and friendly" or whatever. But the head has to come outta the sand, you got to step out of your shoes and see what others see.

yes, i know. tl;dr

<Gravity>
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Did danny boi really try to burn a guild for killing a mob at 11 am? Dont you guys batphone dragons at 4 am like every 7 days? Rofl.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hypocrisy is a childs argument
Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewkeng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine what tempest could have been if no time was invested by him is a better question.
Ryantwin20, you've been keeping a low profile for awhile now..

Don't blow your cover bruh
Old 07-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ryantwin20, you've been keeping a low profile for awhile now..

Don't blow your cover bruh
lol who
Old 07-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
and crawls now taking 30-60 mins and upwards to kill (requiring attention!) instead of just a 5 minute batphone auto-attack
Imagine being told for years that casual scum just want no-effort handouts and are undeserving of raid loot, and then reading that raiding is suddenly just too much effort now that 90% of the uberguild who isn't involved in the pull can't just log in at the zoneline and press auto-attack on a mob for 5 minutes until it ejaculates loot in their waiting, open gullets.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Banned

lol raid rules

hey as long as they dont use spirit of scale or bard shadow step song

youre the geniuses who came up with this horrid system
Old 07-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Kobold

We all ignoring the part where Tofat was called a really kind guy?
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all ignoring the part where Tofat was called a really kind guy?
Most the time I have personally encountered him in game has been positive, yes. On forums hes a bit much.

<Gravity>
Old 07-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most the time I have personally encountered him in game has been positive, yes. On forums hes a bit much.
try being on discord with him
Closed Thread