Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Default Trading with yourself

I noticed that there is no shared bank feature. How do people safely trade between their characters?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ask someone to help you out with a transfer. Could also find a quite spot and drop it on the ground. There is plenty of time to switch toons and pick it up.

Just note, coins cannot be dropped on the ground.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

If you like to gamble with no chance to win, a chance to break even, but a large chance at loss, go ahead and ground transfer. If you DC in the middle take >5 mins to log back in, poof items gone and GM's wont restore. If your secret spot isnt so secret and someone picks the item up, its free game and GM's wont restore (the moment you ground drop or vendor an item it is FFA).

Just find someone to transfer. Ideally a friend or guildie, but often a lvl 60 from a raiding guild will do it just fine. If you want, you can toss them a few plat for their time.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed that there is no shared bank feature. How do people safely trade between their characters?
Find a higher level player with a reputable guild tag above their head and ask them nicely. The amount of time people put into their characters to get to that point makes it so that there is no amount of plat or in game item that is worth stealing to throw it all away. The server's community is tight enough that any transfer thief would be greifed into another dimension.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you are transferring very high dollar items you can be sure any level 60 with a reputable guild tag will not steal them. Never ever ground transfer anything you arent willing to lose
Old 07-12-2019, 12:05 AM
Kobold

I was asking with the idea that I'll be starting on Green. There won't be any high level characters in reputable guilds.

In classic an FBSS is a top dollar item, and I remember people trying to ninja loot those. Even an Adamantite Band will
be highly desired.

Is dropping it on the floor and getting it stolen by people named sharptooth2 *glare* the only option? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Seungkyu; 07-12-2019 at 12:15 AM..
Old 07-12-2019, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ask a friend to xfer for you...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask a friend to xfer for you...
I've been taken advantage by so many people online already. I'm afraid to trust anyone. Will you be my friend?
Old 07-12-2019, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Join a guild and ask guildies if you don't have anyone you personally trust. Guildies don't often blantantly steal from other guildies.

You could do the ground transfer thing, but it's risky. I've done it myself dozens of times over the years on p99 and have only lost items once due to a crash followed by repeated login server error. It's fine in a pinch, but not ideal.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Can you let me know what spot you use so I know where is a good spot to ground transfer?
Closed Thread