Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Not instant, not a good charm break. Having to equip the item negates it taking a spell slot
Old 07-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Yea, I genuinely don’t understand it. There’s no reason imo to spend more than a few K on it; as it doesn’t work for any non-invis classes. Probably just because people think “ohh chardok item, it’s worth a lot”
Old 07-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Putting a 30k+ price tag on something just keeps the plebs from getting their grubby little hands on it. Nobody wants to do Chardok b/c they need faction, so the prices of all drops there are hyper inflated.

Nobody cares that only IKS SHD can use Greenish Metal Shard for the Greenmist quest, they still ask 14k for it. And we still pay it b/c nobody wants to ruin their precious Chardok faction.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
This. Supposedly faction is bugged and the mobs don’t summon. Factioned enchanters are sniping Nameds like it’s nothing and asking for tons of pp
Almost none of the named are supposed to summon. Just korucust, royals and maybe grand librarian.

I knew a druid back in the day that made a fortune soloing named. With faction, you can use indirect agro to pull anything wherever you want.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

30k is hilariously overpriced for this thing

SHD/NEC use CoS instead
ENC can get Velious shoes which have right click invis
WIZ/MAG don't need all of their spell slots so keeping invis memmed isn't a big deal
DRU can get ES helm for 500p
RNG can get Tolan's helm for 500p

Really the only class that's gonna get full use out of it is SHM.

Yes, a lot of the clickies suggested above have long cast times but if you need instant invis then you need to be carrying Rings of Shadows full stop.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not instant, not a good charm break. Having to equip the item negates it taking a spell slot
Yes, not instant, but fast. Depends on how bad you need your spell slots. Not anywhere near 30k, or even 5k, but it's not useless.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Its not worth 30k to me...I'm not sure who it is worth 30k to. I'm guessing there just aren't that many of them relative to folks who don't know better (as evidenced by at least one or two people in this thread).
Old 07-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

If you have 30k to burn and you want one, it's worth it. If you have 30k to burn and don't want it, then it's not. If you don't have 30k to burn and want it, go get one yourself. Who cares what people are trying to sell them for in any case?
Old 07-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have 30k to burn and you want one, it's worth it. If you have 30k to burn and don't want it, then it's not. If you don't have 30k to burn and want it, go get one yourself. Who cares what people are trying to sell them for in any case?
That's true about anything.

Obviously, if someone is willing and able to pay 30k pp for [anything] then it is valued at least at 30k for that individual. It doesn't tell you anything about the why they value it so highly. It isn't merely that they have 30k to burn as there are a virtually unlimited set of things you can buy instead, which they are foregoing to have the ring.

Why they value it so highly is a much more interesting question (and what the OP was asking).
Old 07-12-2019, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

I personally wouldn't even pay 5k for it. I use CoS on my necro and SK, and the other classes I just cast invis or carry ring of shadows.