Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 01:31 AM
Kobold

Default Is leapfrogging a group to a camp allowed?

Recently, my group was clearing the way to efreeti in SolB. We were pulling to the lilly pads and had cleared halfway to it. A group runs through our camp after we indicated that we were camping efreeti and clearing to it, and then they beat us to it.

I thought that
1) Efreeti was one camp, so they wouldn't have a claim on it if we we already at it, even if we were pulling to lilly pads rather than efreeti room.
2) Even if the only efreeti camp was in the room, leapfrogging over another group that was clearing to a camp was frowned on because otherwise there would be a strong incentive to wait around for a different group to start clearing something before you charge in at the last moment.

Is that not right?

The group was very gracious (when we tried to beat them at leapfrogging and failed, they rezzed us), but the experience as a whole still felt pretty bad, and they stayed there for hours.

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 07-14-2016, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

You can't claim a camp if its a full spawn and the PH is up. That is probably why they breezed by you. This is deffinetly an asshole move to do to people but it will happen until you're in the actual camp area and have cleared the PH's.

Usually, when people are calling a camp and clearing to it, people will leave them to it. It sounds to me like you got that 1 out of 10 people who just has to be a dickhead though.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-14-2016, 02:02 AM
Kobold

Cool, good to know. Thanks for the information!

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 07-14-2016, 04:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

name and shame these horrible people
Old 07-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
name and shame these horrible people
+1. I want to who not to help with anything.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

I have spent an extreme amount of time in Sol B in my years play P99. Days of real life time at efreeti camp during low pop, high pop, exp weekends, etc.

You need to be able to push into efreeti camp and hold it. I've done it solo, duo and in a full party. Not once has anyone ever tried to take it from me/us.
If you're pulling them across the lilly pads at all you're technically not in efreeti camp. If you can keep all the mobs down in efreeti camp then you are technically camping it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're keeping a majority of the mobs down very shortly after they pop, you're inside efreeti camp and some team of knobs comes along and tries to contest you for the camp. Then you have a petition on your hands. Petition in game. Take screenshots or record video. Make sure your log file is on. If there is no response in game. Petition on the forums with all your proof. Never post about a petition or incident outside the petition forums.

It's rare that you'd have to make a petition at efreeti camp unless you're not camping it properly. Nothing worse then a half ass cleared camp.
Can duo it with monk+shm, eyes closed auto running around the lava pit. While keeping all spawns down.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-14-2016 at 06:34 AM..
Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Kobold

This would never happen on red.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're keeping a majority of the mobs down very shortly after they pop, you're inside efreeti camp and some team of knobs comes along and tries to contest you for the camp. Then you have a petition on your hands. Petition in game. Take screenshots or record video. Make sure your log file is on. If there is no response in game. Petition on the forums with all your proof. Never post about a petition or incident outside the petition forums.

It's rare that you'd have to make a petition at efreeti camp unless you're not camping it properly. Nothing worse then a half ass cleared camp.
I feel bad for the guides and/or GM/devs that have to deal with petitions like this. End the petitionQuest on this stuff, not like someone ninjalooted and logged out ripped you off on a transfer. Let them tackle the big fish. Name and shame on boards should be enough.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Sucks that you lost, but until you are at the camp and clearing it, it's not yours :/ I've had groups do this to me and my groups while we were on our way to a camp before and wasn't happy, but rules are rules and the solution is simple: be better/faster next time ^^ The best is when your group wipes and you get back to find another group waiting for your repops while you are still trying to get your cleric rezzed -.-* Same solution here though too ^^
Old 07-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Orc

Were any tells sent at all? Or was this all done passive aggressively in OOC?
Don't have any expectations that everyone in the zone knows what you're doing simply because you said it in OOC at some point. Sometimes people miss camp checks, but yes sometimes people are rude as hell and just move in, too. They leapfrogged you because it's within the rules to do that since you didn't hold that camp. How they went about it, is what I'm more concerned about.
Closed Thread