Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Returning Player - Iksar Shadowknight Questions

Hello, everyone. I'm a returning player who quit shortly before Velious came out. I never actually played an Iksar prior to leaving the game, and I'm coming across quite a few questions. It seems that Iksars can't wear plate armor, which I should have looked up prior to starting, and East Commons seems like... a very far way to travel.

What sort of weapons and armor should a beginning Iksar SK be on the lookout for? I'm currently level 5, so I assume that I have quite a bit of time before having to worry about it, but are there any quests or drops in particular that I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks all!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Enjoy FOB and Kurns. Kurns is amazing once you can go there - probably around 11 if you get a group in the entry area. Don't mess up your Burynai faction, aka do not kill ANY Burynai. This will allow you to go into the basement and caverns of Kurns and kill the higher level skeletons with almost no competition when Kurns is crowded (which is frequently is).
Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

If you're looking for a port to the EC area, catch me on Cerenna or Tralina and I can pick you up in West Cab!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Aviak

It is true that Iksar cannot wear plate armor (until Velious), but your inherent AC bonus makes up for it (for the most part). Gives you a start bonus of +15 AC and grows as you level. The run to EC is terrible, but the good news is you don't have to go there unless you are trying to peddle some goods. You can normally grab ports in the Overthere as a way to get there, but getting back involves running to Oasis, jumping on the little raft, then catching the ship in TD, which you have to jump off once you get near the evil base in the Overthere, because the guards are KoS. I think you have a set of weapon or maybe armor quests that start in Cabalis that you could start working on (not 100% sure, would have to check the wiki).

What is your character name in game? I will try to jump on later today and see if I got some weapon for you. I know its real tough starting out, especially as an Iksar SK.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Kobold

There's Dreadscale Armor which is IKS/SHD only, the pieces are quite good value because of the limited market for it. For your BP, just go with a Tree Weave when you can afford it.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Large Rat

Curscale armor is the newbie quest armor you can get, and the crusaders test quest upgrades your weapon as you go along

Also, the P99 wiki is pretty awesome
Last edited by Xixor; 05-08-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome. I have a dark reaver rotting in my bank I think. Get in touch with me.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark is great -

Field of bone, Kurns, warsliks woods, kaesora, lake of ill omen, etc etc

Great xp is all around you!

And as you level, you can collect items for your dreadscale armor pieces and SK sword.

Look up the greenmist - it'll be available in velious and only for iksar shadowknights. Yummy!

For now I would focus all your platinums into a set of banded armor, 5ac55hp rings, and a not awful 1hs (sword of skyfire?)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for all of the advice and offers, everyone. My character's name is Raskon. I'll be sure to look you all up.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hey all, I just wanted to say that I've been incredibly impressed by the helpful and generous people who populate this game. Thank you.
Closed Thread