Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtynumbangel333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really???? only 6 hours?

People do have jobs.
You could have made it 24 hours. :/
We will be playing it by ear. We have lots of visibility into how many are able to complete it, and will adjust the duration accordingly.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtynumbangel333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really???? only 6 hours?

People do have jobs.
You could have made it 24 hours. :/
This isn't a new zone file or whatever like in modern mmo's a GM volunteer will be monitoring and controlling the changes live via gm commands.

He's not an android, he'll get tired.

Assuming it's anything like past years that is.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Skeleton

Is there any timetable for when the servers will back online? I know you stated the event will start around 8pm est. But, curious if the game will be playable before the event begins. Thanks for putting together the event!
Old 10-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Ouch. It starts at 2am CET and ends at 8am. I do like me some P1999, but I'm afraid this is a bit too much x'D
Old 10-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTravi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any timetable for when the servers will back online? I know you stated the event will start around 8pm est. But, curious if the game will be playable before the event begins. Thanks for putting together the event!
Servers will be back before the event, yes.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Banned

Happy Halloween

Get that candy for your kids first, than log on and get your candy ingame.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers everyone.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks Braknar. I'm not sure if I'll be around long enough to complete it, but regardless, these events are always enjoyable.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch. It starts at 2am CET and ends at 8am. I do like me some P1999, but I'm afraid this is a bit too much x'D
Once a year events should be tailored so that the entire community has an opportunity to enjoy them.

For the future perhaps consider custom content to patch in for events, for a day, rather than GM / Guides leading events for a set time frame.

I really wish I could participate, and i'm not the only one that will miss this due to RL.

I literally get out of work 2 hours before the end of the event :/
Don't get me wrong; Thank you guys for your hard work, dedication, and creativity.
It is appreciated for sure.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Once a year events should be tailored so that the entire community has an opportunity to enjoy them.

For the future perhaps consider custom content to patch in for events, for a day, rather than GM / Guides leading events for a set time frame.

I really wish I could participate, and i'm not the only one that will miss this due to RL.

I literally get out of work 2 hours before the end of the event :/
Don't get me wrong; Thank you guys for your hard work, dedication, and creativity.
It is appreciated for sure.
Ya it's a difficult thing of course. We want the most people to be able to participate. On the other hand, if we make the rewards nice we don't want people to be able to just sit there and farm it for 24 hours either.

It's a tough balance.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Haynes Braknar!! Will the event be playable on RED as well? ☺️
Closed Thread