Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:39 AM
Aviak

Default Necromancer words

Hi guys
Having no luck gathering the correct pages for my level 16 necromancer root spell "hungry earth"
Can someone advise me as to what is a good zone to head to to try and lay my hands on them?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Najena (ogre guards, goblins, darkbone skeletons) or Upper Guk (Gaz / Ton frogs) should work. (I did Najena myself)

https://eq.magelo.com/item/11813#

https://eq.magelo.com/item/11814#

EC is a good zone too :P
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 08-08-2017, 04:45 AM
Aviak

Yeah I spent about 3 or so hours in the tunnel. Turns out my tunnel questing skills aren’t as good as they should be.

Najena... might go check that out. Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Orc

I've noticed that the page drops are often staggered by a few levels. What I mean being the pages you need for level 16 spells often drop off level 20 mobs etc. These pages especially at lower levels are vendored without much thought if you are okay doing some vendor hunting. It is also worth asking in OOC in the level appropriate zone. Most times the players will sell you or give you the pages very cheap to make a quick buck.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

Check the merchants in the house near the gorge of king xorbb in EK...the gorge hounds drop necro words quite often and people merchant there
Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Yeah vendors in the Karanas in general are typically good places to look for research words/pages. There are also some vendors near the bridge in EK, off to the right as you leave the bridge coming from NK.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

words for hungry earth are very common in Oasis on vendors, as they will drop from level 18+ crocs which are hunted all the time. other words for level 24 and 29 necro spells are commonly found on city vendors that do not have trainers for the necromancer class, with rivervale, felwithe, kelethin, and kaladim all being good venues. The wood elven outpost in lesser Faydark will have a vendor loaded with them from Mistmoore hunters. Level 24-29 necro & enchanter research words / pages dropped like mad for me in Permafrost while trying to get the Words of Darkness quest done, in the jail area.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Aviak

Thats some great information there. I looked on the documents listed above and it might even be worth taking my monk or shaman to Kurns and shop/kill there to find them
Old 08-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Hai. I have a few copies of this particular spell that you are after. Message me.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

You'll want to be careful cause you're KOS but hit every zone you can and check every merchant if possible. This is how I found and got about 90% of my Necro words...
Closed Thread