Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:20 AM
Large Rat

Default True Spirit Faction Issues

I've been having an issue increasing my True Spirit faction on my magician. I had done it years ago but since I came back 3 months ago I have not been able to increase the faction no matter how I try.

I am not high enough in faction to do the CoM book turn in so it has left me to do the Tiny Gem turn in.

Whenever I attempt to hail the lesser spirit (attempted in BB and Rathe Mountains) he turns to me but does not respond. I have tried all the ways I can think of to do this. Killing peg leg with pet, without pet, having others kill him. When I spawn True Spirit I have gone in wolf form to try and get him to speak with me, nothing. Everyone tells me they don't seem to have a problem with getting the tiny gem but when they come with me they say that's weird he isn't talking to me either.

Any suggestions on why this would be bugged, or tips on how others with the same problem were able to work around it?

Look forward to your responses
Old 11-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

What is your current faction with TrueSpirit? Could not be responding because you aren't high enough. Some classes start too low to do gem quest (i tried once on my monk but had to sneak).

Are you also having invis up?

Lastly, as i recall there is a special phrase to say to get the gem, you don't just hail, at least in Field of Bone version. What are you saying exactly? I suggest you post a log output of the encounter.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Large Rat

Current Truspirit faction is apprehensive. I do not have invis turned on.

It's hard for me to post a log. I kill peg leg, a lesser spirit spawns. I hail the lesser spirit, it turns to me but does not say anything. I go through command prompts, nothing. Then it despawns.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

It's been awhile since I did my epic, but I remember the spirit often would often ignore me for a little while after he spawned. However, if I waited a few min then tried the final command (sometimes with the previous commands, sometimes not) I could get him to give me the gem.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Project Manager

indifferent or better faction is required for a response from the spirit
Closed Thread