Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Red is over. Any notable pvp is over. If you want to play on a server that the only pvp to be had is killing your main tank so he can pick up hammers - have at it. A lot of the classic and kunark pvp moments will never happen again.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Large Bat

Red is where it's at. PvP is the seasoning, not the meal. Great time to be casual.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is where it's at. PvP is the seasoning, not the meal. Great time to be casual.
great quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Red is cool and i might return one day but you have to be ok with the fact that PvP is occasional and will allways be on the terms of the bigger guild
Old 11-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually perfect quote and why a lot of us don't play anymore.

Blue jr.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol.

If pvp is the seasoning, than the meal is a t.v. dinner because there are vastly better PvE servers out there for eq, or games alike.

And if the pve is so god darn good why is the pop 80-100?

#fasleadvertisement
Old 11-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Fire Giant

Miss those classic memories

Struggling to level in crushbone wearing rags

Went from rags to bitches the hard way
Old 11-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

The reason pops have come down is rooted in two or more reasons. First, Velious released a year or two ago. I think that influenced the pop. Players rushed to try out the new content in a way only p1999 offers. Pops on blue were as high as 1600. This lingered for some months before settling down to ~1000 pops on blue. Another factor is time. More time means more twinks and raid players. The longtime players are going to rule the roost and make it tough for new players to level up and participate. Open world PvP in MMORPGs always suffers the most with time as result of the top heavy nature of progression MMORPGs. As example, I played mostly on Sullon Zek, and its pops fell dramatically over time to a trickle. This is true too for PvE servers, but not as severely, and for different reasons.

If It were me here's what I'd do:
1) Wipe (this is probably the single biggest beneficial move)
2) Add teams, like Vallon/Tallon or Sullon Zek (this eases the PvP strain; increases RP I think too)
3) Reduce Play Nice rules, but increase attention to hacking or boxers
4) Increase support for any kind of leaderboard or PvP point system (no in-game benefit)

I think this server is trying to avoid a wipe and increase Play Nice rules, but I don't think it's as effective. Why? Because this is Everquest. It's open world PvP. Too many rules are incompatible. What's it going to do, start forbidding winks from attacking levelers? Raiders prevented from attacking non-raiders? When will it stop?

It'd be interesting to hold a poll for all players currently playing actively on red and ask whether they think a wipe is appropriate. But how to ensure it's red players who're voting? And what about all the players not present to vote? It's always a tough choice to do a wipe, no matter what. Espeically with MMORPGs, PvP or not, progression is so important to many players. Everquest is a special case, due to its longterm progression nature.

If nothing is done I'm ok with that. We all have to realize Everquest is almost 20 years old. Even if Red deteriorates slowly to nothing, what's that but the ultimate fate of all old games?

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 11-02-2017 at 11:51 PM..
Old 11-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Orc

Personally I quit playing red over the pnp. Suspended for attacking a geared character hanging out in karnors waiting for a port. I was still never clear how that applied to the LNS policy. Took about a month for me to quit after that even tho I was very active. Partially cause of the way the staff handled that situation and I was just scared to pvp anymore. I felt like I needed permission to attack someone or id get petitioned and suspended.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

he's right. pnp was heavily enforced at one point it sucked and caused people to leave.

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Closed Thread