Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Default Thanks for all the Fish (World Event)

End:

Thank you so much for coming everyone, I had the best time of my p1999 experience! Keep the love flowing and help out your fellow players, its what makes p1999 so great. Sorry it wasn't what everyone wanted, and that it could have been a little better (especially at the end) but nevertheless I appreciate you all coming along for the journey! See you folks around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Update 8:

Catfishing the Kerrans:
Kerrans and I have a lot in common. Mostly, our mutual agreement about the exquisite nature of fish and fishy things. Fish art, Fish music, fish festivals, monkey fish frogs, you name it, put fish in front of it, and they probably already did. They speak of a rare whiskered cat-like fish that spawns in the area. These must be fishperimented on and fast, bring them to meeeeee. But also, cats are almost as much of an affront to me as zombpirates because of their savage overfishing of fish that I should rightfully have fished. A general slaughter of all cats and cat-like things has been posited as an eco-friendly solution. So lets get on that, because we wouldn't want something crazy happening like cats over running the moon with their fuzzy powers. In fact, some crazy dream vision I had assured me the only way to save the future past is to kill all the cats before they ever get to the moon. Sounds crazy, but they are overfishing our oceans and we cant have them overfishing the moon's oceans too. At the cost of a few thousand cat lives I'd say its worth it to make sure my crazed vision of space travel never comes to be. Bring me any special treasures their leaders may have! I've decided to declare myself the new leader of kittehs territory and must have have their treasures to justify my claim as a true descendent...of cats i guess.

Update 7:

Wavaran's missing drums. The noble bard Wavaran has misplaced his drums, whomsoever returns them to me will be anonymously rewarded.

The next meeting point is the dock to kerra isle, on erudin side.

I've got my shark skin soup, but haven't heard anything about a barnacle breastplate, perhaps we should move along!

Update 6:

Zombpirates of Erud's Crossing and Erudinian shark fin soup:

Zombies on boats are an affront to everything I stand for.. namely fish. We will raid their ship steal their algae covered flesh and fish their fish. Once we've gathered a few of their skins and I have received a bit of algae flesh and fish we'll hop on the boat to erudin. Rewards for barren flounder and timorous tuna.

I have a hankering for more cow bell, but unfortunately no one I know know's what one is nor where to find a cow. So I'll have to settle for some shark slaying. The waters off the coast of Erudin have been infested with the suckers and I've even heardtell of minisharks and their matron whose remains can be used for a barnacle breastplate. A few shark skins of various sorts would do me well, but I'd greatly reward someone who can find me a barnacle breastplate.

I will lead the assault on the zombpirate ship, and meet those who wish to go ahead in the toxxulia forest after we kill the zombpirates.

Update 5:

North Karana Bridge Party:

Everyone knows holding up traffic on the bridge from East to North karana is a classic event for all travelers in the region. We shall take refreshments, have a dip and some fishing and recuperate before our long journey across the western plains. While we are here there will be a diving contest with best dives voted for by the people! Perhaps we can even gather some thunder salmon. If relaxing isn't for you I also seek a few adventurer's to gather a belt of flesh hooks.. for uhh things... and if someone can find my damned spectacles that guard stole there's a reward in it for that too. Once everyone is well and thoroughly blitzed we'll make our merry drunken way across karana where we will meet outside qeynos.

Update 4:

We will quickly make our way through clan runneye, AEing and slaughtering all the weaklings in our path, but our forwards scouts warn of impending doooooom in the gorge.

Evil Eyed Minotaur Alert:

After battling our way through the mines of moriaerr through clan runneye we will find ourselves in the Gorge of King Xorbb.
The Minotaur clan of the Gorge has given our supply line trouble and until we can thin their numbers and supplies by about 5 axes we will have to make camp while stragglers find us. A group of travellers chose to split off and help stay the evil eyes that seem to attack us as the minotaurs numbers thin. Those brave venturers who bring proof of slaying a lord or even the king of the gorge will be well rewarded if they can return proof before we finish our minotaurscapade and move along.

Update 3:

Raffle participants:

1. Firy
2. Smoflow
3. Gortimer
4. Blackhart
5. Zanderr
6. Colte
7. Gogot
8. kukasil
9. segejin
10. kuvani
11. Planett
12. Eratani
13. Tabias
14. mylez
15. Tabias
16. taii
17. khaaser
18. Catterine
19. myten
20. schlicks
21. sauga
22. catherin
23. givincer
24. valick
25. piezo
26. vanos
27. teriside
28. hoblewan
29. utmost
30. skystrike
31. cukazi?
32. druids
33. khestra
34. greycee
35. cregoran
36. callon
37. nibblit
38. valli
39. odyssa
40. selsonblue
41. peso
42. mojoz
43. ayleth
44. argella
45. intrinsic
46. kilette
47. raeyne
48. Leutschaft
49. raybur
50. growlers
51. toobit
52. rubrum
53. chaco
54. itsa
55. innie
56. doza
57. Reviction
58. mixelplix
59. chadii
60. scylex

The provisions are set. We take the boat unto freeport. Several drunk people are sure to fall into the ocean of tears, and still yet we must face the alluring sirens before we can continue in our, very suddenly, holy quest. Those of us who wish to stop and collect their mermaidenous scales have left ship to do so. The others will go ahead to freeport where they can eat, drink, fish and make merry while they await our arrival. Whence we have collected 5 or so supposedly holy scales we shall continue onward in our venture.

- scales acquired!

Find the Ogre Iskay in the EC tunnel: 11:15 raffle takes place

Bulletin (of DOOOM):

Take the Boat to Freeport!

2. It seems the humans of Freeport aren't so friendly to some of our less human companions. We will make a quick restock of supplies and travel invisibly out of the city unto the marketplace of the commonland. From what I understand some sort of raffle lottery will be taking place in the eastern commlands. All items are wrapped in shiny tinfoil making them indiscernible. Small place cards in front of the items list the entry fee for each prize (one entry per prize per person): 1 ruined bear pelt, 1 snake scale, 1 fire beetle eye, 1 orc pick, 1 spider venom sac, clearly the entry fees don't involve money but rather crap.

After making merry at the expense of the various merchants we shall meet on the border of the halfling town in the undead forest where will attempt to summon the god of trickery himself!..or perhaps his homely half-brother in law from the one time that one thing happened. For this we
seek especially higher level adventurers capable of slaying the evil General V'Ghera whereupon we shall dice for claim to his remains. Without a proper force we will be forced to continue on our way to the Misty Thicket where we shall take war to the runneye clan on our way to the plains of karana.

Update 2:

It's a big world with many fish to fish (http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Fishing). I've had a vision calling me on a world-wide fiscapade, and was drawn to the butcherblock docks. I heartell of rare and magical fish being here, but that an even greater mystery lurks across the vast seas! Come join me as we unravel the mystery of Norrathian fish and such. Always remember, don't be caught dead with a broken fishing pole, always have a backup!
Update 2:

It's a big world with many fish to fish (http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Fishing). I've had a vision calling me on a world-wide fiscapade, and was drawn to the butcherblock docks. I heartell of rare and magical fish being here, but that an even greater mystery lurks across the vast seas! Come join me as we unravel the mystery of Norrathian fish and such. Always remember, don't be caught dead with a broken fishing pole, always have a backup!

1. A Call to Butcherblock's Docks: Meet with Minger

Requesting the services of all able bodied adventurers for a.. err... an adventure.. Before the travels can begin supplies must be gathered. A team of fishermenandorwomen are to bring stonefish (3) fresh from the water and perhaps the first few sandals or boots or something. A full suit of sexy small scarab armor is furthermore required before we can depart. If any more hardy fortune seekers find a bloodforge hammer or riptide spear before the provisions are aquired, further rewards are in store!

-If you do not wish to join the main party in our ventures across the world, there is another option as well. The first rare fish from anywhere in the world will be rewarded, DONT EAT IT! Send me a link, I'll take down a note of your name and we can rendezvous when convenient for the exchange.

Meet at the Butcherblock docks where alcohol and fishing and perhaps some dwarfslaying will be aplenty while we await the supplies and boat from freeport!

(First Screen Shot posted of spilling beer gets reward! (pst if you post this (can this be done on p1999?)))

Update 1:

Starting Location: Butcherblock Mountains

(Note: The event does not start until 10 AM Central American time, I'm updating now so people can move or leave their character in BBM or nearby if they desire)

1. This is early or late or in the middle timewise for a lot of people. Don't feel obligated to be there at the beginning or the end. Come and go as you please, keeping in mind that towards the end the largest rewards will be distributed.

2. I will edit this post with details regarding the event. Where to go, what is doable, and where we may go next are likely to be announced in zone and in edits here. If you fall behind, you can check in here to see where everyone is currently traveling.

3. Not every part of everything is able to be done by every person. Some of it may be harder for some people, use team work, help others, things like this will be rewarded in addition to objectives. (send me tells or post about it if someone helped you out during the event).

4. Designated rezs/buffs- I don't really have anyone able to act as a designated rezer or buffer and such, I will do the best I can to keep everyone alive and able to participate. If you can help, then do so!

5. General V'Ghera - I would like to attempt to do a spawn and kill of general v'ghera during this event. If you have a higher level character you can park to help with this, it would be appreciated to have them in kithicor forest! If everyone is willing, we can even do multiple spawns- IFF other people are willing to allow everyone to roll on things like EoN.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________
When I started playing on P1999 my original goal was to meet some cool folk and get a full suit of Elder Spiritist's armor if possible, because on live I thought druids with full ES and epic looked super cool. In the time I've spent on p1999 I've met some nice folk and some mean folk. I've been fortunate enough to complete my suit of Elder Spiritist's armor and then some. I was even lucky enough to be present for the only VP dragon kill TMO didn't get other than during their raid suspension. In short I've had some pretty cool times on P1999 and was able to achieve much more than I had even hoped. Unfortunately, I no longer have much desire to play on this server for a variety of reasons not worth discussing. But, since so many people have been so kind to me and helped me so much along the way, I want to give back to the p1999 community, and thus I will be hosting a terribly scripted, poorly run world event, next Saturday at 10 AM central american time. I will give away every droppable piece of loot I own, and even the no drops that are MQable. I have not settled on how the event will run or how items will be rewarded (if you have good ideas feel free to pm them to me). The intention of this event is to help some newer players get some good gear, but hopefully there will be enough that everyone will get something. With that in mind, players who already have many hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of gear might consider passing off any winnings to newer players, though, of course, there is no way I can enforce this. The only present rule I have is that you or your team must post within this thread before the starting time of 10AM on Saturday. If you are going to travel with a group each person will still get an individual random or whatever it is that determines prizes, but please make one post for the entire group (no more than 6 ppl to a group please). In your reply to this thread INCLUDE THE CHARACTER NAMES you will be using. This event will not be biased on guild status nor my prior experiences with you in game.

I do recommend a few things : be at least level 20ish and have access to lev, invis and sow.

Some items listed will be given out during various parts of the event, and some will be randomed off at the end most likely. As I said, I want everyone to be able to be involved with this so please PM ideas about fair distribution methods.

If you don't want to participate in the event but want to help coordinate it or have fun ideas which could be incorporated please PM me with your ideas.

Thank you all for many great experiences, I wish you the best of luck and I will see you all around!

Droppables:

(Apeople) Manastone
(Apeople) ES Legs
(Apeople) ES BP
(Apeople) Shield of the White Dragon
(Apeople) Hiero Cloak
(Apeople) Totem of Wizened Spirits
(Torpors) Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch
(Torpors) Jaundiced Bone Bracer
(Torpors) Shield of the Water Dragon
(Apeople) Bracer of the Hidden
(Apeople) Band of Eternal Flame
(Apeople) Platinum Tiara
(Apeople) Golden Efreeti Boots
(Iskay) Ebon Mace
(Iskay) Atramentous Shield
(Bristlebaine) Sebilite Croaking Dirk
(Apeople) ES Helm
(Apeople) ES Arms
(Apeople) ES Boots
(Apeople) ES Gloves
(Apeople) ES Bracer
(Apeople) BS Electrum Earring
(Apeople) BS Platinum Necklace
(Apeople) Golem Tear Ring
(Apeople) Robe of the Ishva
(Apeople) Robe of the Oracle
(Apeople) Mithril BP
(Apeople) Spectral Shroud
(Apeople) Shiny Brass Idol
(Apeople) Fire Emerald Platinum Ring
(Apeople) 7x Ring of Shadows
(Apeople) 2x Stalking Probe
(Apeople) Spyglass
(Apeople) Thex Mallet
(Apeople) Shield of Prexus
(Apeople) 2x Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring
(Apeople) 2x Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring
(Apeople) 2x Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet
(Apeople) White Gold Necklace
(Apeople) Lycanthropic Staff
(Iskay) Bone Armplates
(Iskay) chipped Bone Collar
(Iskay) Black Chitin Leggings
(Iskay) Tattered Mantle
(Iskay) Bracelet of Woven Grass
(Iskay) Charred Boots
(Iskay) Dark Mail Gauntlets
(Iskay) Dragoon Dirk
(Iskay) 2x Platinum Fire Wedding Band
(Iskay) Journeyman's Walking Stick
(Iskay) Leatherfoot Raider's Skullcap
(Iskay) Jacinth
(Iskay) Crested Mistmoore Shield
(Iskay) Mrylokar's Boots
(Iskay) Deepwater Boots
(Iskay) Brown Chitin Protector
(Iskay) Ravenscale Cloak
(Iskay) Staff of Battle
(Iskay) Cane of the Tranquil
(Iskay) Silver Swiftblade
(Minger) 2x Batskull Earring
(Minger) Tolapumj's Robe
(Minger) Hooded Black Cloak
(Minger) Gatorscale Sleeves
(Minger) Braided Cinch Cord
(Minger) Embroidered Black Cape
(Minger) 2x Golden Chitin Bracer
(Minger) Feathered Leggings
(Minger) Impskin Gloves
(Minger) 2x Moonstone Ring
(Minger) Stein of Moggok
(Minger) Book of Obulus
(Minger) Dagger of Marnek
(Minger) Nightshade Wreath
(Minger) Advisor Robe
(Minger) Festering Cloak
(Minger) Circlet of Shadows
(Torpors) 2x Black Sapphire Electrum Earring
(Torpors) Platinum Tiara
(Torpors) Sarnak Emblazoned Tabard
(Torpors) Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace
(Torpors) Withered Leather Sleeves
(Torpors) Molten Cloak
(Torpors) Reed Belt
(Torpors) Obulus Death Shroud
(Torpors) Gatorscale Leggings
(Torpors) Golem Tear Ring
(Torpors) Golden Efreeti Boots
(Torpors) Platinum Skull Ring
(Torpors) Ogre Butcher Gloves
(Torpors) Howling Harpoon
(Torpors) 6x Ring of Shadows
(Torpors) Diamond Electrum Mask
(Torpors) 2x Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring
(Torpors) 2x Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring
(Torpors) 2x Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet
(Torpors) Bloodstained Mantle
(Torpors) Goblin Parrying Spear
(Torpors) Ivory Imbued Collar
(Torpors) Hollowed Bone Bracers
(Torpors) Fishbone Earring
(Torpors) Earring of Essene
(Torpors) Sabertooth Amulet
(Torpors) Leatherfoot Raider's Skullcap
(Torpors) JB Arms
(Torpors) JB Boots
(Torpors) JB Gloves
(Torpors) JB Helm
(Bristlebaine) 2x Diamondine Earring
(Bristlebaine) Leatherfoot Raider's Skullcap
(Bristlebaine) Sapphire Platinum Necklace
(Bristlebaine) Brigandine Tunic
(Bristlebaine) Mithril Vambraces
(Bristlebaine) Hooded Black Cloak
(Bristlebaine) Thick Banded Belt
(Bristlebaine) Ravenscale Shoulderpads
(Bristlebaine) Golden Bracer
(Bristlebaine) Fire Emerald Golden Bracelet
(Bristlebaine) Fire Emerald Platinum Ring
(Bristlebaine) Platinum Fire Wedding Band
(Bristlebaine) Mithril Greaves
(Bristlebaine) Scorpikis Claw Impaler
(Bristlebaine) Wintry Club
(Bristlebaine) Drolvarg Mantle
(Bristlebaine) Mithril Breastplate
(Bristlebaine) Tesch Val Sinisch
(Bristlebaine) Sarnak Hide Mask
(Bristlebaine) Sarnak Emblazoned Tabard
(Bristlebaine) 2x Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet
(Bristlebaine) Bloodstained Mantle
(Bristlebaine) 2x Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring
(Bristlebaine) Runed Bone Fork
(Bristlebaine) Golden Diamond Mask
(Bristlebaine) Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
(Bristlebaine) Fishbone Earring
(Bristlebaine) Iksar Hide Mask
(Bristlebaine) Mask of Obtenebration

Spells:
(Iskay) Scars of Sigil
(Iskay) Zumaik's Animation
(Iskay) Divine Intervention
(Iskay) Succor
(Iskay) Girdle of Karana
(Iskay) conjure corpse

Bags:
(Apeople) Box of Nil Space
(Apeople) Light Burlap Sack
(Apeople) EE Bag
(Apeople) 2x Handmade Backpack
(Apeople) Large Soiled Bag
(Apeople) Bag of the Tinkerers
(Apeople) 2x Traveller's Pack
(Apeople) Dusty Ransacker's Pack
(Apeople) Momento Box
(Iskay) 3x Handmade Backpack
(Iskay) Traveller's Pack
(Minger) Dusty Ransacker's Pack
(Minger) Handmade Backpack
(Torpors) Box of Nil Space
(Torpors) Box of Abu-Kar
(Torpors) 2x Handmade Backpack
(Torpors) EE Bag
(Torpors) Light Burlap Sack
(Torpors) Large Soiled Bag
(Bristlebaine) 5x Handmade Backpack
(Bristlebaine) Large Soiled Bag
(Bristlebaine) Traveller's Pack

Potions:
(Apeople) 2x 10 Dose DS
(Apeople) 2x 10 Dose Purity
(Apeople) 10 Dose IVU
(Apeople) 10 Dose Shrink
(Iskay) 3x 10 Dose Purity
(Bristlebaine) 2x 10 Dose Purity

MQable:
(Apeople) Orb of Frozen Water
(Apeople) Ornate Sea Shell
(Apeople) Gimblox Ring
(Torpors) Ornate Sea Shell
(Bristlebaine) Sealed Box
(Bristlebaine) Cazic Quill
(Bristlebaine) Scribbled Parchment
Last edited by Apeople; 10-05-2013 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: U8
Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

yay
Old 09-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Sad to see someone who has accomplished all this go. It's awesome your giving back to the community though. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors. Too bad I will be at a MTG Grand Prix Saturday morning. =/

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

As someone who has done something like this before (and came crawling back anyway), be ready for:

-Folks named Apeopie or Ageople or Apeoqle spoofing your communications.

-Unimaginable spam

-Trolls doing everything they can to ruin everything

Good luck with this, hope it goes well, and of course I think this is an excellent way to go out. /cheer
Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Good luck ape
Old 09-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Kobold

Good luck in all your endeavors as you have been nothing short of a remarkable player that I am happy to say I've shared some great memories with. I haven't played in ages myself, but still eyeball the boards from time to time and was shocked to see this. Best wishes friend.

-Kin
Old 09-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Orc

Nirali druid. Put me down.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

You'll be back Apeople, you'll be back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Gluck with life! I gotta goto work at 10am =( but by some miracle i get fired...

Aireth 57 druid.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Don't panic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Closed Thread