Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Aviak

Default Necro Shadowed Men Solo

So I've only looked at the Lavastorm shadowed men but they are in a group of 6 there, all within social range of each other. Is there another place where they come in smaller packs? I'm trying to do my Temple of Solusek Ro quests, all 4 of which require Shadowed Men drops.

I know about the mez+snare+FD trick to split packs into manageable numbers, but I've heard that they can outrun SoW and splitting 6 of them, several of whom are casters, sounds like an easy way to kill myself.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Aviak

In Nek forest, there is a single pull shadow man on like a 12ish minute timer that you can do if you are patient. Look up the camp on a map, and ensure you approach from the southern side. You should see one chilling far away from his buddies.

They are more like modded Selo speed. They could keep up while strafing with SoW when I tried to split.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

better chance at singles in West Commonlands (south west corner - a large camp) or the 3-spawn in Lfay (east wall south of steamfont zoneline)
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

West Commonlands is the first place I'd try, and I've done that before as a Necro around your level. They spawn in two pairs. My strategy would be something like this:

Summon a pet, and park it a good distance away from the mobs.
Standing at max cast distance, cast Screaming Terror on the closest mob.
Cast darkness on the second one, and pull it back to your pet.
Fear it, feign death, and stand up after ST wears off the first mob.

Depending on how quickly you pull it back to your pet, you might not have time to land both darkness and fear before ST wears off. Your pet can keep it occupied while you feign and let the other one forget about you.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Shouldn't be hard to find a druid to break the WC camp with harmony for you. It's 30 seconds away from druid rings.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

Dont know if this works. But you might be able to do the ones in nek forest with help from the guards. I would try to grab the 4 guards from the bridge and fd them on top of the shadow men. While they kill, pull one off and kill. Next spawn grab another one to start to stagger the spawns.
Repeat until they are all broken up or you have the items you need.
Closed Thread