Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feminism is irrelevant because we are already equal
I tend to mostly agree with this statement. I don't think we're equal yet, but close enough where splitting hairs over trivial things becomes ridiculous. Every successive wave of feminism becomes less and less of a civil rights issue and more and more of a power struggle. The definition of a feminist is someone who believes in equality of the sexes, but I don't believe any thinking person can agree that the best way to achieve that is by focusing exclusively on women. Things are and have been messed up for men for years. Feminists tend to ignore or outright scoff at men's issues in society. It's not about equality. It's about wanting to see your team win in the social hierarchy, and that is the absolute worst approach towards creating a harmonious society for everyone.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But when crime is disproportionately perpetrated by black people, and black criminals dress exactly the same as black people, aka as a thug, and police have been using profiling to both protect themselves and us, as the central ability for them to investigate and stop crime for the last 100 years, what do you expect to happen?

Hear me out... I know your teeth are grinding at the perceived racism above.... It's not though.

The left has this ability to be like, "well I think racism is real so cops must only operate because of institutional racism"

No, they operate the way they do around black people, because of STATISTICS, and they use those statistics to police. Then someone finds out that they do that, and they think its institutional racism.

The number of institutional racism vs regular profiling is drastically less than. its just modern libs cant tell the difference and think what they read on buzzfeed is the truth.

If you think the science behind profiling is wrong, then watch Mindhunter on netflix and you'll see its how we use it to prevent murder very often.

They are treated worse in most contries that accept them, because they are immigrants and that right off the bat in racist europe is a mark against you, and also they are entitled and create nasty crime, which gives them a bad reputation, and oh what happens? The above, the police profile them, people missinterperate that to institutional racism, they cry that its not fair, they give up trying, because, WHY try when the institution is against you!

The spiral continues. Crime goes up, riots happen, more profiling, less hope yadda yadda etc etc.

There are solutions besides demanding some sort of change in the way other people operate.. like idk, stop acting like a victim and start taking responsibility for your own actions? The black community in america suffers from this very thing. They feel like there is no point in trying, because WE tell them the system is rigged against them. Why would you try when the whole system is rigged against you?!

Then what happens when a black person works on them self? THEY EXCEL they do wonderful, they fit RIGHT into society...

WHY?

Because america is NOT a racist country. The system isn't rigged against them. They are free and equal just like anyone else. That's why.

But they're conditioned to think they are second class citizens, by even the very minority groups that are trying to help them. The minority activist groups say that they're being screwed, so agian, why try?! Not until I get what I deserve!

Exactly like I said above, by telling a group of people that they are being screwed, when they are not, you discourage them actually working towards the goal that they hope to achieve, independence. You make them dependent on other people. The black communities in america, suffered GREATLY from this (not saying they didnt from a whole bunch of fucked up shit pre civil rights movement/slavery) and they suffer from it every day today.

When you tell someone they dont have a shot, they dont try to take one.

This is a myth, myths like this create animosity between two groups that up until then were getting along. That is harmful to the end goal of equality.

We have, the civil rights movement got us there. But our generation has had such a failed educational system, that nobody today KNOWS that this happened. They now wander around reading headlines from buzzfeed and huff po and NYT and CNN and think that whatever they read in that poorly written op-ed is true.

They get mad, they fight, they create animosity, they shoot themselves in the foot.

Why? So some media corporations can make profits off advertising. Its sick.

The thing is you have people going, "look at these immigrants, they come to this country, they have no money, they work super hard doing 3 low paying job, just to make ends meet." But what theyre not telling you is theyre living in fucking CALIFORNIA and they have a hosue with like 17 fucking people in it, half of them are kids (aka dreamers) that they have to provide for and on top of that, they SEND MONEY HOME...

OF COURSE you cant get ahead when you have that many dependents lol, but then to say its the system, its institutional racism, its rigged, to say that THAT is the reason? That is just sad, and it enables their bad behavior.

If you want to get ahead in america, you have to work hard of course, but you have to work SMART as well.

Telling people that the system is rigged against them, or that there is institutional racism holding them back, or that men are going to cheat them out of their hard work, doesn't help. It enables the ability for the gap (that we solved with the civil rights movement and woman's rights movement in the 60's and 70's) to grow and grow.

You dont ahve to agree, but lor, i feel like you might be able to at least understand why the cause's on the left are not worth fighting for.

They exist because of boredom because we live in a good society that allowed for our generation to forget their history and want some drama in an otherwise working and unexciting political climate.

They exist to elect politicians and to make the corporations cash so they can dump money onto those same politicians to get rid of things like net neutrality or allow them to build a housing development.

They exist simply, because Americans are dumb.
fake news
Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Banned

The only thing that separates men and woman, are bad parents who raise their kids to think that one of them will have a better chance at something and the other is going to have to work harder.

The result is one of them works harder and the other one feels like a victim and doesn't try to take what they have been told is rightfully theirs.

Poke thinks that the patriarchy has a psycological effect on how society affects men and women.. However when you tell him that it is creating the gap that he is so upset about.. he calls it fake news.

Poke, how can you think you can have an effect on society, but then turn around 180 degree's and be like, no this has no effect on society?

This is why the left will and always does, fail. Because they are idiots.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why don't we just all make our own sandwiches?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why don't we just all make our own sandwiches?
do you actually know anyone who doesnt?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
The only thing that separates men and woman, are bad parents who raise their kids to think that one of them will have a better chance at something and the other is going to have to work harder.

The result is one of them works harder and the other one feels like a victim and doesn't try to take what they have been told is rightfully theirs.

Poke thinks that the patriarchy has a psycological effect on how society affects men and women.. However when you tell him that it is creating the gap that he is so upset about.. he calls it fake news.

Poke, how can you think you can have an effect on society, but then turn around 180 degree's and be like, no this has no effect on society?

This is why the left will and always does, fail. Because they are idiots.
i just like winding you up
Old 11-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Banned

me too bb
Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
do you actually know anyone who doesnt?
I mean like every McDonalds patron ever. Sandwiches are not really the point though. She's more likely protesting the casual disrespect towards women still pervasive in our society, because the last thing that beast needs is another sandwich.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean like every McDonalds patron ever. Sandwiches are not really the point though. She's more likely protesting the casual disrespect towards women still pervasive in our society, because the last thing that beast needs is another sandwich.
wait i dont get it, ordering a sandwich from an employee that works at mcdonalds is sexist?

I was simply asking if you actually knew anyone in a relationship where the man is like, make me a sandwich woman.

I hadnt thought about it, but I dont.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

I answered you in regards to who doesn't make their own sandwich. But if you want to take that as do I think McDonald's is a tool of a patriarchy and ordering from there is literally violence against women? Absolutely.

In all seriousness, that was a good question and I don't know anyone in a relationship like that. I wouldn't want to associate with that type of person. Have I known people in abusive relationships.. yeah. Quite a few of the women and men in my life.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-21-2017 at 11:40 PM..
Closed Thread