Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 11:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Question about cleric races / cultural armor

Hello All!

I am brand new to p99 and I haven't played EQ since back around PoP and never got max level (hoping to change that now!) But I was wanting to make a cleric to just heal in groups and I am just stuck on what race to pick. I like the look of Dark Elf, High Elf and Dwarf but I can't decide.

Everything I read says that dwarf has the best cultural armor and I am just wondering why/how, just looking at Weight/Str/Wisdom on the cultural armor for all 3 races I came up with

Dwarf - Weight (69.6) STR (59) Diff (10.6) WIS (41)

High Elf - Weight (33.6) STR (27) Diff (5.6) WIS (54)

Dark Elf - Weight (33.6) STR (37) Diff (-3.4) WIS (40)

It seems like to me they are all really good?

And it seems like having a race with low strength wouldn't be a huge deal with this armor since it really doesn't add that much net weight after the str you get from the armor itself. (I know low level plate won't have str but idk how much of a concern that really is)

I am sure there is a lot that I am missing/don't know but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated! =)
Old 12-29-2018, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

I vote dark elf for the look, the potential raid-saving hide and the clicky snare neck. Your decision should be entirely aesthetic though, in my opinion.
<The Second Sons>
Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Do you have any experience on if weight is as big of a deal as it seems? I don't have any plans on raiding or anything so I don't know if i'll be able to get the gear I need to not be weighed down all the time. That is one thing im worried about!
Old 12-30-2018, 02:03 AM
Fire Giant

There might be times levelling up that you are annoyed by it, but that’s just cause you’re an elf. Your powers of mind will prevail
<The Second Sons>
Old 12-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Wear mesh or +str gear.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Banned

Dark Elf is the only correct race to choose.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Barrel roll gives extra stats. Just sayin'.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric#P...the_Right_Race. If you do you'll notice cultural armor isn't really mentioned as a distinguishing factor because ... it's not.

ESPECIALLY here on Blue, where the server has been going for over a decade (vs. live's two years for the equivalent period), all gear (except stuff like Fungis and CoSs) is much cheaper than it should be. As a result, almost no one buys cultural except for the look: there is just too much other, better, armor available. So really you shouldn't even worry about it.

But to answer your question, the Dwarf armor is generally considered better because people consider Stamina also (dead clerics can't heal anyone).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Dwarves: Dwarves are tied for second-best wisdom and have a unique "barrel roll" animation (with no in-game benefit), but also have armor restrictions at lower levels
Pulled from that wiki comparison page.

I am totally drawing a blank in terms of what armor restrictions Dwarves have at lower levels? If anything, they have more access to cool Priest items than medium races. Scarab Armor for the lower levels [it looks awesome] then later Belt of Cenobite, etc.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulled from that wiki comparison page.

I am totally drawing a blank in terms of what armor restrictions Dwarves have at lower levels? If anything, they have more access to cool Priest items than medium races. Scarab Armor for the lower levels [it looks awesome] then later Belt of Cenobite, etc.
I think that's referring to the fact that dwarves are small, and thus can't wear medium/large armor. But it also sounds out-dated/misleading and in need of correction.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread