Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

The bio orb is fantastic for warriors; you cast it on incoming and as long as your monk team isn't full of morons you get a free instant proc. All of that 'WAIT FOR ASSIST' nonsense goes out the window. Procs and clicks really should be capped at 400 hate here (early Velious patch) which would be a huge balance change for Knights who have seen their role totally usurped by blinding Warriors.

It's also amazing for Monks because it is our equivalent of 'dark and park': just fire the orb and a reasonable time one of the mobs will randomly run towards you. It's better on TAKP where spells land more easily and NPCs don't attack pets or eyes, but it's still pretty situationally good here.

Zheart is hugely overrated IMO. Both the epic and soul well staff will save you far more mana. It's more of a convenience item that lets you go AFK with Lich on without dying for 20 minutes (assuming you rolled Iksar).

Agree with Eberron that the maple leaf mask is the worst. I just bought greater regeneration potions. 50K for a maple leaf mask is 500 charges. Usually I can get away with Bedlam and the potions work indoors. A Ring 10 would be ideal of course.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

I still think Wavecrasher is overpriced
Old 01-16-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bio orb is fantastic for warriors; you cast it on incoming and as long as your monk team isn't full of morons you get a free instant proc. All of that 'WAIT FOR ASSIST' nonsense goes out the window. Procs and clicks really should be capped at 400 hate here (early Velious patch) which would be a huge balance change for Knights who have seen their role totally usurped by blinding Warriors.

It's also amazing for Monks because it is our equivalent of 'dark and park': just fire the orb and a reasonable time one of the mobs will randomly run towards you. It's better on TAKP where spells land more easily and NPCs don't attack pets or eyes, but it's still pretty situationally good here.
Oh, I get the utility, which is why I bought one a long time ago for a char I rarely ever play. I just don't get the sudden huge jump in price. Must just be more people realizing how kick ass of an item is for splitting and aggro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zheart is hugely overrated IMO. Both the epic and soul well staff will save you far more mana. It's more of a convenience item that lets you go AFK with Lich on without dying for 20 minutes (assuming you rolled Iksar).
I have epic, VP staff, and Z's heart on my Iksar necro. Epic is basically just a status symbol. Soulwell staff I swap in rarely when I need a free lifetap. Z's heart stays equipped 99.9% of the time to help (slightly) negate HP loss from lich.

Quote:
Agree with Eberron that the maple leaf mask is the worst. I just bought greater regeneration potions. 50K for a maple leaf mask is 500 charges. Usually I can get away with Bedlam and the potions work indoors. A Ring 10 would be ideal of course.
I agree. Totally don't see why anyone would want this. I could have bought one for 35k for my baby enchanter that has everything else and saw no reason to.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 01-16-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishanarchy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think Wavecrasher is overpriced
What?! No way. Awesome aggro proc at level 1! Viable until ToV or VP weapons. Totally badass for the small cost these go for.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 01-16-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Jboots, Zheart, Necklace of Superiority, Torpor I understand why its in demand due to population skew, Circlet of Shadows is some kind of prank, Way too many fungi's for its current price and ease to obtain.

Oh shit, never mind all that.
Shining Metallic Robes. That's my answer.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 AM
Banned

Unhappy Epics Weapons! Hellooooooooo

The one time I managed to save up 11K plat was the most epic moment of my life!!

I humbly believe that epic weapon MQs are the most overpriced and the reason why so many end up quitting after FINALLY winning the game with the EPIC achievement of 10K+ in their player's hot hand or bank! To save up 10k, then realize you cannot EVEN buy some epic MQs or worse yet, you can! And then you know how have NOWHERE near enough epic plat savings to afford your epic weapon!

Soo epic weapons are defo the most overpriced equipment I've EVER seen for sale in EC. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Asteria; 01-16-2019 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: Life was mispelled
Old 01-16-2019, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a suspicion that this is due to the turnin for rogue epic taking them out of circulation and lguk not being camped as much as it used to be. What are they, like 1k? You can get bonecaster robe for the same or cheaper, so bnobody is buying SMR to wear.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Nikkanu I think I actually remember convincing you not to buy that mask in a thread lol.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 01-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots, Zheart, Necklace of Superiority, Torpor I understand why its in demand due to population skew, Circlet of Shadows is some kind of prank, Way too many fungi's for its current price and ease to obtain.

Torp basically enables Shamans to solo/duo for infinite plat easier than anything else in the game.

There's not even enough Fungis on the server for all the Kittens.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Banned

Chanter PoM Robe

compared to SS robe you get 30 less HP, 8 more charisma, 10 more AC, 4 less resist and no Rune 4 clicky.

Enchanter SS robe will cost you 50-60k
Enchanter PoM will cost you close to 125k
Closed Thread