Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Default Massive Dragonclaw Shard vs. Pal/SK Epic

I am curious if it is worth it to invest in a shard if I do plan on ultimately getting my epic? I will never be able to raid much so I figure my epic would be the best item I get.

A high lvl sk was telling me in game that the shard is better dps than the epic (at least until Chardok patch).

I wanted others opinions. If dps isn't that much of a difference, I'll just buy a cheaper weapon and save my plat for some epic mq items.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2018, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Massive Dragonclaw Shard is not no-drop, so you can buy one then re-sell it once finished. It'll hold most or all of its value.

I used a shard on my Shadow Knight for about a year before replacing it with the epic. The epic does significantly more damage in my experience. They might be closer against the few things in-game that are (unclassicly) flagged as lifetap-immune since that blocks the epic proc, but I don't do that kind of stuff more than once in a blue moon. Against things like western wastes dragons the epic performs significantly better than the shard...indeed, the shard was underwhelming for that and in truth didn't perform much better than the 19/25 sword from Velketor's. In the case of the SK epic you also gain a large amount of self-healing from it that far surpasses the impact a shield would provide. I regard it as a no-brainer between the two.

Paladin epic MQ has historically been much cheaper than the Shadow Knight epic MQ, so it should win out versus the shard on cost alone.

Danth
Old 10-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much the perfect the answer to my question. I'll buy a shard and use it until epic and sell. Honestly with my limited game play, Chardok 2.0 will probably be out by then anyways.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Banned

Chardok 2.0 isnt coming out
Old 11-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Narandi's Lance is super cheap right now if you are 55+ and can use it. So is a Reaver if you aren't killing undead things.

IMHO, the Shard is VERY expensive for what you get. For those 1h/shield moments I've always thought the same as Danth w/o data to back it up. (Thanks Danth). As a SK you can pick up a 19/24 1hb for like 2.5k? Done and done.
Closed Thread