Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Default Agi for warriors

Hi guys,

I have a question about end game and stat allocation.

I'm planning on rolling an ogre war for raiding and from what i've heard, all your stats with end game gear + shm buffs get capped except for AGI. So my question is should I just dump all 25 into AGI for ultimate min/max? Also anyone know the exact +AC per AGI? Havn't found any real informative data on this.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by |tda| fatal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

I have a question about end game and stat allocation.

I'm planning on rolling an ogre war for raiding and from what i've heard, all your stats with end game gear + shm buffs get capped except for AGI. So my question is should I just dump all 25 into AGI for ultimate min/max? Also anyone know the exact +AC per AGI? Havn't found any real informative data on this.
No, don't do that. Agility may help a little, but the impact is small enough it isn't worth making a serious investment at creation. The only time you want to put points into agility at creation is a) if you pick a race that needs points to reach 75 (Erudite, Dwarf, some Ogres) or want a twink to be able to maintain 75 agility with a fungus tunic on. If all you care about is best-in-slot endgame, a primal will give you 100 agility from the special effect anyhow.

Danth
Old 10-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, don't do that. Agility may help a little, but the impact is small enough it isn't worth making a serious investment at creation. The only time you want to put points into agility at creation is a) if you pick a race that needs points to reach 75 (Erudite, Dwarf, some Ogres) or want a twink to be able to maintain 75 agility with a fungus tunic on. If all you care about is best-in-slot endgame, a primal will give you 100 agility from the special effect anyhow.

Danth
But if every useful stat will be capped end game, why not?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

I mean by that standard why not put 25 points into charisma for a better chance of divine intervention proccing?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Banned

I think the idea of capping out agility or stats not used is great. You're classes main stats will surely be capped in end game content. The problem will be the struggle in the early levels.. Not having that strength or stamina from the start will suck!
Old 10-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

6 agil = 1 ac

wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Doesn’t agi also have a dmg mitigation?

Less dmg coming at you because of other combat skills like parry, dodge and etc...

It may not be ideal but if you are planning on doing raids with the character I’d assume your guilded so most likely your char will be grped mostlly so it shouldn’t matter if you put all points into agi.

Also being the superior race you shouldn’t have any issue with your sta or str.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:09 AM
Kobold

Agility has a minor noticeable impact in pvp, haven't noticed anything pve wise.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn’t agi also have a dmg mitigation?

Less dmg coming at you because of other combat skills like parry, dodge and etc....
No, absolutely none of the above, except that it may help defensive skills level more quickly. Agility has zero impact on mitigation whatsoever, and the frequency of dodge/parry/etc is impacted solely by the level of those skills. What agility (as well as defense skill) can do--supposedly--is increase a monster's raw chance to MISS you. Its effect is clearly not large. Some folks believe it has no effect whatsoever on EQ-emulator.

Mitigation is affected by AC derived from equipment, and from buff spells. Both mitigation and raw miss rate also appear to be affected by player level relative to the level of his opponent. Any form of mitigation, including /defensive discipline, only affects the 1-20 damage interval roll portion of a monster's attack and not the separate damage bonus portion.

If a tank is receiving complete heals from a chain, as is the norm at the high-end, that chain will be timed with the assumption of worst-case hits, and the heals will land whether the tank is at 10% or 30% life. Hence trying to gain a few per cent more MISS from agility is largely fruitless in that type of scenario. Tanks doing that type of content are best-served by gearing for as much effective health as possible. You'll gain some agility from equipment anyway, and can gain a lot more from buffs if you're willing to give it a buff slot.

------------------------------------

One of the difficulties of this discussion is most of the available information is based on the classic period from EQ-live, but we as players have nothing (except the occasional P99 dev comment) to prove that P99 uses the same mechanics that Live did....and at times plenty of evidence to show it's often different (remember when AC was broken?). What's flagrantly apparent in-game is that agility has only modest impact at most.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-17-2018 at 05:32 AM..
Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

The classic agility tables gave a large boost in avoidance, a smaller spike in the 90s. After that there technically were improvements at higher scores of agility but the improvement was minuscule.

As posted above, As detailed knowledge we have about classic, we have no idea how well the p99 mechanics mimic live. Even if the avoidance/mitigation system is implemented perfectly we still have a problem; we don't know the attack or accuracy values of in era live mobs, which really is half of the equation for creating an accurate emulation of in era tanking.
Closed Thread