Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-18-2022, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My kid decided to install live eq off steam this weekend and first thing he did was choose race. Then chose class based on what was available.
So he only gets to see some of the classes on offer? I guess he will learn the hard way which isn't a bad thing tbh.

Is he a liberal child btw?

This is how liberals create their EQ characters,

First they pick race because race is their favourite hot topic of conversation besides gender and intelligence. They obviously pick the erudite race because not doing so would be racist (being racist is the worst thing you can possibly be but hating the human race is good).

Then they pick their gender which is the opposite of their real gender because they are gender fluid.

Then they pick the class which is paladin because they are virtue signalling religious maniacs who want to play god.

Then they put all their starting points into INT so they look intelligent.

Then they pick their deity which is Tunare because they are feminists so god is a woman.

While they desperately try to be supreme they tell everybody they meet they hate the idea of a supreme being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to congratulate you on corrupting the youth ... but starting them with live over P99? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sun is square to Jimjam. He would make a good president.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting bed time story but somebody who has already played WoW and MUDs shouldn't be a noob.

When I first started playing EQ I didn't say I can't wait to be a erudite I said I can't wait to be a Wizard and I then picked erudite for INT. I'd already played Diablo and Dungeons & Dragons by then.
MUDs tend to have a deeper lore than GUI games, and mechanics also if they played a rolemaster system.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MUDs tend to have a deeper lore than GUI games, and mechanics also if they played a rolemaster system.
All the more reason not to be a noob then.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My kid decided to install live eq off steam this weekend and first thing he did was choose race. Then chose class based on what was available.
tl;dr theres 2 of you!??

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2022, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to congratulate you on corrupting the youth ... but starting them with live over P99? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He started himself. He asked what I was playing, I said “Everquest” so he found it on steam. He also kindly informed me my game was outdated as there is an EQII now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I have put in an ip exemption in case he wants to play with me and we’ve also set up for takp to so he has a few options. He’s learning the ropes in gloomingdeep (iksar beastlord!). Sadly i couldn’t find my Ruins of Kunark CD so he’s not had a chance to play the ‘real’ tutorial.

Ely: he is just a school kid. He isn’t exposed to nor cares about your culture war bollocks. He got to see the classes while going through the races. He can always roll a new character if he doesn’t like his combo.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-18-2022, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
He started himself. He asked what I was playing, I said “Everquest” so he found it on steam. He also kindly informed me my game was outdated as there is an EQII now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I have put in an ip exemption in case he wants to play with me and we’ve also set up for takp to so he has a few options. He’s learning the ropes in gloomingdeep (iksar beastlord!). Sadly i couldn’t find my Ruins of Kunark CD so he’s not had a chance to play the ‘real’ tutorial.
Son of Jimjam: hey dad, you've been playing that game for years. today is the day i finally ask you about it.
Jimjam: it's called everquest son and i'm not dad when i play everquest i'm Jimjam The Great.
Son of Jimjam: er, okay Jimjam The Great, i'm gonna go install everquest on steam.
Jimjam: okay son.
Son of Jimjam: hey dad, sorry i mean Jimjam The Great, I can't find you on everquest.
Jimjam: the version i play isn't on steam son it's on piratebay.
Son of Jimjam: so i just downloaded 20GB for nothing?
Jimjam: yes, son.
Son of Jimjam: why didn't you tell me that at the beginning?
Jimjam: because i'm too busy playing everquest to care about you son now please go away. btw did you know the sun is square son?
Son of Jimjam: really? it looks round to me.
Jimjam: that's because society taught you to think that way but the sun doesn't have to be conventionally round it can be whatever shape you want it to be. tbh only racists say its round. you don't want to be a racist do you son?

Quote:
Ely: he is just a school kid. He isn’t exposed to nor cares about your culture war bollocks. He got to see the classes while going through the races. He can always roll a new character if he doesn’t like his combo.
Doesn't this fictional son of yours watch the disney channel? At my school the religious teacher called herself a feminist and said she hated men and this was years ago.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'll allow it: the inquisition has been called off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're either dudes,
Or they made iksar to play with hubby,
Or they're underage girls with pet lizards.

So you're telling everybody that you like to hit on dudes, married women and underage girls. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha..no. It's called roleplay, we're in another world called Norrath when we log in. Also kids should NOT be playing this game. I also hit on Wuoshi when she's up.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Son of Jimjam has a nice ring to it
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-18-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Son of Jimjam: hey dad, you've been playing that game for years. today is the day i finally ask you about it.
Jimjam: it's called everquest son and i'm not dad when i play everquest i'm Jimjam The Great.
Son of Jimjam: er, okay Jimjam The Great, i'm gonna go install everquest on steam.
Jimjam: okay son.
Son of Jimjam: hey dad, sorry i mean Jimjam The Great, I can't find you on everquest.
Jimjam: the version i play isn't on steam son it's on piratebay.
Son of Jimjam: so i just downloaded 20GB for nothing?
Jimjam: yes, son.
Son of Jimjam: why didn't you tell me that at the beginning?
Jimjam: because i'm too busy playing everquest to care about you son now please go away. btw did you know the sun is square son?
Son of Jimjam: really? it looks round to me.
Jimjam: that's because society taught you to think that way but the sun doesn't have to be conventionally round it can be whatever shape you want it to be. tbh only racists say its round. you don't want to be a racist do you son?

Doesn't this fictional son of yours watch the disney channel? At my school the religious teacher called herself a feminist and said she hated men and this was years ago.
Doesn’t watch Disney channel - we don’t have a TV license - but we did briefly have Disney plus. He likes Encanto I prefer Moanna.

Tbh he is too impressionable for me to want him to mix with some elements of the p99 crowd. It’s fun seeing Norrath through the eyes of a newbie again.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung