Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

level 1 0 help killed and looted all and sold everything I didnt need for money.
level 3 ran to Freeport to be in a better sell zone.
level 3 to 9 killed animals and saved all the pelts. sold HQ pelts for cash and raised my tradeskills so I could make stat food, tailored whip and banded.
currently level 11 and still raising tradeskills
Old 06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaderman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human SK
Level 4: I got handed a set of banded and a 1handed piercer
Level 10: Looted a lot of vendor junk and saved up to buy Flayed Skin armor which is very very cheap for it's stats. Used sewing kit to train tailoring and convert pelts into armor which i sold to vendors or gave away. Gave away Banded armor I replaced since it was given to me.
Level 12: Randomly handed Argent Defender but can't really use efficiently until damage cap lifts at 20.
Level 19: Still using banded and flayed skin with the 1hp. Trying to find flayed Skin wrists and arms for sale. Have 88p saved now
Talk to people in karnors castle, where flayed skin drops (/who all karnor). it rots 90% of the time... so it may save u some time and $$. id also suggest a nathsar greatsword.. 200p 17/30 with 10 str
Old 06-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

If I see a level 1 to 5 running around killing mobs, I almost always stop and give 20pp or some FS weapons etc. I dont think new players are looking for hand outs, but more of a handup. In real life I am very much against helping/enabling people into laziness i.e giving a man a fish vs teaching him to fish - I view EQ in the same light. I have at times given players hundreds of PP worth of items (maybe even 1k) just cause I thought that would help, but I never see those players online anymore. Now I dont think thats what caused them not to play, but it cerntainly didnt do much to keep them playing.

The flip side is, when someone shouts or /ooc "can anyone spare a weapon or armor or some PP" i have to put my pride aside and just help them out. Really, after level 30 who cant spare 20pp?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

lvl 1-8 - mucked about in Nek forest, got a few cloth pieces on me.

lvl 8 - made my first run to Highkeep through the deadly Kithicor Forest, and then invised my way to Tarn in his library to get my lvl 8 pet, gated back to Neriak, then ran to EC to announce my feat.

The rest has been gravy.