Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Bard. No one else can kill 42 monsters at the same time. Plus they look awesome in armor and are great fun in groups CCing and twisting
Old 02-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Orc

bard for the speed you can level up.

necro for the utility spells and versatility (my pick).

shaman for solo ability and group/raid desirability, and the best at soloing single targets at level 60, if you have the spare ~200k for the spells.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

I am guessing this guy lasted a day maybe two. Would love to hear from him again to know he stuck around but I have my doubts. But a class for someone brand new to EQ that wants to solo is a magician in a good aligned race. Necromancer would be second choice.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah I disagree. Ogres make the best Shaman hands down; Regen is helpful but not nearly as helpful as having way better stats and frontal stun immunity. An Ogre has a bigger canni pool to work with instead of a smaller one with Regen and they quite literally mow shit down in melee. Plus Trolls have an xp penalty which is horrible for noobs in my experience
Ogre xp penalty -15%
Troll is -20%

Penalty and xp rate is shockingly similar and the starting stats are not all that different either.

Regen is more than just 'helpful' and a slightly bigger hp pool means ass when you're regening that much slower. Frontal stun immunity is cute, but not a game changer like regen.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How well does Monk solo in early and end game? Twinked vs not twinked?
A monk has utility:

Melee dps

Tank

Can replace a crowd control class by pulling single mobs

Can go anywhere without dying
Old 02-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard. No one else can kill 42 monsters at the same time. Plus they look awesome in armor and are great fun in groups CCing and twisting
OP did not ask, what is best class to solo in Over There DL and BW and NOWHERE ELSE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frontal stun immunity is cute, but not a game changer like regen.
Neither are game changers. They're nice perks to have but that's it. As a shaman you've got heals, regen spells, canni, torpor(down the line). Also, the slow spells become so powerful that the stun immunity doesnt play a very large part either.

The shaman class has such a complete spell line it doesn't really matter. For me, I'd choose ogre because of looking adorable when shrunk.
Closed Thread