Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Yea even super optimistically, and super casual exp rate pretty sure you could get several 60s before pantheon releases...
Old 01-03-2019, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Do something fun.

If you do 45-60 and when Pantheon comes out you feels you wasted your time, perhaps do something else with your time.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Pantheon's pace has been really slow. I have a fringe view on this I am sure, but I think the standard of polish and testing people expect from modern games is too high. If there is a year of beta testing the live release releases a ton of solved content.

Classic eq released half tested content, raid content that was borderline impossible, items that turned out to be way too good and had to be removed and here we all are loving that experience enough to be on this emulator. Theorycraft the difficultly and make it a little harder than you think you should and see if people solve it or abuse it. Patches can tweak tuning, add zones and quests, etc.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you're worried about "wasting your time" on EQ you have to rethink the relationship you have with gaming.

Ps : You guys are putting too many eggs in the Pantheon basket. I can guarantee it will disappoint (no games can survive 10 years of hype) if it ever does come out.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One recent dev stream outlined their excitement to move soon from pre-Alpha to Alpha in the near future.

Personally, I would rather them take their time and release a complete MMO than a half finished product. Seems like they are progressing along fine though.
This. I’ll look forward to playing it if it ever releases.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Even when Pantheon releases, it will likely take another 1-2 years and an expansion to make it even resemble remotely what you are expecting.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Lol yall shouldnt be hyped for pantheon at all you will be disapointed if anything it should teach us a lesson Brad has a history of leaving projects also Atlas is a perfect example of this its just a cash grab it was meant to be ark DLC but they turned it into its own game and it runs shittier and way worse then ark.do not invest time or money into these shitty unfinished games you will be disapointed

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

I thought you could play now (pre-alpha) if you forked out $1000.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One recent dev stream outlined their excitement to move soon from pre-Alpha to Alpha in the near future.

Personally, I would rather them take their time and release a complete MMO than a half finished product. Seems like they are progressing along fine though.
Luckily Pantheon isn't a matter of if, but when. They've already stated that they have full funding, the money they are getting from pledges is just speeding up their development time. They are not backed by any major publishing houses (EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc.) So There is no deadline or pressure to push the title out early and charge their player base for beta testing for them.

I am very excited for what Pantheon is doing. I am worried though that it won't be able to keep up without appealing to the casual market. Or that it will be a bust because they refuse to do pay to win or a cash market at all.

We all know how we feel about MMOs. We wouldn't be here if we didn't appreciate how hard it should be, but unfortunately there's a big difference between 1,500 and 1.5 million.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least they don't have to compete with WoW. WoW is killing itself.
Will still have to compete with its ghost. A lot of people have been raised on WoW and their expectations will no doubt shape the future in combination with current trends and mindsets, same way it was with EQ.

There is little that impresses me with todays outside of graphical prowess, but then I find myself questioning the art styles. They really like cutesy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

.. i mean..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-04-2019 at 08:39 AM..
Closed Thread