Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Skeleton

Testing, I apologize
Old 09-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

on a new server, i would stay away from soloing as a cleric. It's brutal and slow. One mob for your mana bar which goes up far too slowly to be worth anything.

Just be ready for groups, they will come.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Might be easy to solo as a cleric with a Lich mask if you catch my drift [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Banned

DE CLR TBD MuH Kunark Alt
Kurns 9 - 22
Bind @ TD FirePoTS
Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Clerics should be in very high demand for groups, so as long as you have enough time to do a party grind in dungeons, you should do just fine.

As for soloing, I think they play like a slightly less efficient root-nuking wizard, but with the benefit of additional survivability through heals, higher AC, etc. They can probably get by, but it will be slow. I don't recommend it as your primary means of leveling!

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 09-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed on red from 1 to 60 as a cleric with some grouping during different periods especially pre level 20 or so. This was based on my available play time and I just kinda felt like it.

It is not as bad as soloing as a warrior but definitely its in the bottom tier of solo classes.

The evil human cleric items on classic are more worthwhile on red but I still didn't take them because I'd rather not be an evil human to get a few little items. They are definitely valuable in classic era in PVP, wont be game changing on green since it will go beyond classic and the utility is less needed in non pvp.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Clerics only solo well against undead because of the spell line that lets them do high damage for low mana. Still as the main healer class, if you are in the right zone at the right time, you will have no problem being invited to a group.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Couldn't a Cleric with a Manastone, Root, Complete Heal and a Direct Damage, like solo anything? I Mean... hypothetically I feel like this shold be extremely easy but its totally theoretical.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a shadowknight who fearkites on the regular, Clinging Darkness is IMO terrible for fearkiting. I usually wait for Engulfing to start in earnest.

IMO, it doesn't last long enough and it doesn't slow movement speed enough. Sure, if you're getting it on a clicky for free, the mana costs aren't an issue, and if it's all you got, you'll use it...but it's not really all that great.
As someone who fear kited spectres without any snare, it's fine on spectres... They're already slow. CD just helps it even more
Old 09-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't a Cleric with a Manastone, Root, Complete Heal and a Direct Damage, like solo anything? I Mean... hypothetically I feel like this shold be extremely easy but its totally theoretical.
You have to click the manastone 18 times to buy a Complete Heal cast, sacrificing 1050 health on top of what you lost. It's a tough game to juggle in combat. Its easier to manage out of combat. It also is a little easier to work with manastone in the next era with complete heal clickies.