Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

If your team has melees Iksar Berserker Club is a item you can camp in a decent xp zone (Kurn's Tower)

Bloodforge Hammer is a quest you can do at a very low level for a 13/50 2 hander.

Polished granite tomahawk is okay too.

I used Brazen Bras Kilij for a while.

If you are doing no twinking, depending on what you are fighting, you end up with loads of unspent plat in the bank.

When I did my warrior I bought a full set of the store bought plate and combine weapons at one point! Its not as expensive as you'd think as the NPC sell back is close to what you buy them for.

Crafted armor you can easily quest by your thirties in groups.

If you are willing to help out higher levels you can pick up a Scimitar of Ykesha from Kithicor forest and a Trochilic's Skean from Steamfont.

If not you can get obsidian shards in a group in SolA.

Gearing a warrior through quests/loots as you level is really good fun, especially if you have a regular group to help you out.

If someone gives you an awesome item don't be rude and refuse it. Instead explain what you are doing with your character and say you will pass on the handmedown to the first worthy newb you find while grouping.

Here is a quest for an item with a reasonable ratio for a non twink low level http://wiki.project1999.com/Red_V_Clockwork
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-29-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Banned

Yeah I want to get get everything through drops, quests or trade skills. I don't know how I feel about buying items from players, because I don't like the idea of getting a green jade broadsword for 50pp. The economy's messed up here.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Banned

I've been doin that bull hammer quest but the faction sucks, I've done the pre quest a handful of times and can't get red v quest yet
Old 10-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Banned

ill be on all day. whos gonna start playing?? pst shydagger !!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Orc

I'm super into this! Although I'm a human, id love to meet up with people that aren't twinked. I just started this game today!

PST to Rhythmix!
Old 10-30-2014, 01:14 AM
Kobold

I like this idea alot. Gonna run a Human Monk, I leveled a Human Monk legit on Red until about lvl 17 when someone gave me an essence of Dol completely changed my life hahaha.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just Returned

I've just returned to EQ after many years, couldn't twink if I wanted to, and would love to get a regular/semi regular group going like the old days. I'm more than happy to make a new character for a needed role.

What time zone are you in ? I'm in the UK.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I've just started on p99 after many years away from EQ. I'm looking for a regular group of people to play with, just like the good old days. I'm more than happy to create a new character to fit into a role your group needs, I'm not invested in a character yet.

Oh and what time zone are you playing in ? I'm in the UK so GMT/CET.

(sorry if this ends up as a double post, I already did a reply but it never showed up and my history says 0 post)
Old 10-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Im still interested, but by God, life keeps getting in the way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I haven't even had a chance to roll him up yet. My personal inclination is to not worry about min-max and rather play something I enjoy and will work well with others in the group.

Looks like this Sunday may be my first available day to get back on. Hope to see you then!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Orc

Looking forward to finding you in game and joining your guild,

me and my bro just started up recently!
Closed Thread