Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Skeleton

Default Monk solo spot 37+

Looking for a good solo spot at 37. Been hunting guards in HHK forever but need a break. I have been very spoiled by ease of selling and banking in HHK. I would prefer a similar set up. No fungi, Iksar Monk. Have haste and Quivering staff. TLDR is guard camp with selling/banking ease. ZEM is a plus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] !! Thanks!

Ealamar
37 Iksar Monk
Old 11-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

While it doesn't have any monk-specific spots for your level, the Per-Level Hunting Guide has lots of ideas for your level: http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Leve...ng_Spots_35-39

Based on your desire for easy banking and selling I'd think The Overthere (sell/bank at outpost) or the geonid tunnel in Crystal Caverns (you can use sneak to sell/bank at the nearby dwarf city).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Critter caves in Thurgadin. Focus on the spider and goo that pop/path near the start. There is another lower level spider and potential goo downstairs.

Save coldain heads from the goo to trade with players (or sneak and in for faction). There are always trades killers at bank who will buy your silk or turn it into armour to fill out empty slots.

The 2 pathers green out at 41.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:10 PM
Kobold

I did Orcs in the crystal caverns. From 38-42. The miners start to turn green at 40-41. If you choose to go there it would be a good idea to have WR bags. They drop ores that vendor for 3-12pp and they drops velium weapons. You can get heavy quickly. Plus there are only a few static named orc spawns and any spawn point has the potential to spawn any other type. Lots of chances for the gear drops here as well. Always a chance to duo geos, spiders and terrors. So far you can’t raise faction with the dwarves yet. Hasn’t been implemented on p99.

The town is at the bottom of the cavern. Since your a monk you can drop and flop your way down from bridge to bridge. Safe fall takes the brunt of the damage you would take.

The geos are like indifferent until you start to kill them. They guard the zone out of the caverns.

Also you can’t find shurikans in the town or in thurgadin.

I also don’t have a fungi. I used the combat bind wound technique. With camping here I was able to buy some Black Pantherskin and my IFS.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far you can’t raise faction with the dwarves yet. Hasn’t been implemented on p99.
You're mostly right, except that there is a way, that's part of the Garzicor quest ... it's just a huge pain so few people will do it.

This guy will "sell" you a book for 50pp (you have to hand him the plat, you don't literally buy it). You can then take that book to this guy for a faction hit, and then repeat the process some god awful number of times to get your faction up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:17 PM
Kobold

What I meant there was no faction for killing the Orcs.

You can do the quest above or sneak to sell.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sol A gnomes. Can sneak gob merch to sell and buy gems
Old 12-18-2018, 02:38 AM
Kobold

Try the bar in Sol a. Sneak / feign your way in behind the bar and take out the bartender. In classic the other gobs won't agro as the bar is considered negative LOS.

From there you can split around the bar and once you get the spawn cycle down it's easy to maintain. There's a a mage gob in one of the side rooms that drops something for the mage epic, or one of the ToR quests.

The bartender also acts as a vendor if you feign flop behind it. Perfect spot for a monk if you can get in. Great spot for a group too since you can damn near pull from anywhere and the bar counter keeps you safe from adds except the bartender.
Last edited by Vanech; 12-18-2018 at 02:43 AM..
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Bartender won't vend to PCs in sola, only the goblin merchant (nearby) is mercenary enough to do that.

I'm fairly sure the goblins see over the bar in p1999. I found the goblin torturer area good for monks. Start with the torturer ph and work your way back to the main body of the zone. The cells seemed to make splitting with fd easy.

If 37 is out levelled for solA maybe try ancient croc or shins in guk
Old 12-18-2018, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

Have you considered SplitPaw and vending at Centaurs?
Closed Thread