Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-03-2023, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Luclin is actually fun. Like imagine being ok with auto attack gameplay for 10+years.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

I get it that EQ, when it comes to spells and abilities is very basic. I still enjoy it. This could be that I may have autism. However, I also think that's just the way Mmorpgs are meant to be.

Even in Wow, when you're doing algebra to figure out your skills. Plus 20%, minus 5, every 3rd click you get 40% weapon proc. It still just turns into mindless button mashing. Don't get me wrong I respect the idea of doing algebra to figure out your skills.

But when I first played Wow, I was in denial that I didn't like it. I wanted to convince myself that I could enjoy it somehow. However, I think there just may be a law in the universe that more slow Mmorpgs like EQ, might be the best way to do it.

I played Wow recently, but had to stop due to video game paranoia. But I was enjoying it the short amount I played it. I'd love to like Wow. I see a possibility of it at least being kinda decent. Maybe I need to just play it while watching TV or something else. That seems to be a good combo for Mmorpgs. I'm surprised no one has made a complex spell and ability game, with the dangers of classic EQ. Maybe they have I don't pay attention to modern games currently. I wonder where Pantheon would be in that scale.

Another example of why I think slow EQ might be the way is. Especially if your life is really busy, don't you want to come home and accomplish something while doing nothing? Eh. It's an example I've used before to justify EQs slowness.

To each their own, right? As long as I got my slow EQ. I respect the ideas of Mmorpg that require a lot of intelligence to figure out your spells/abilities, but for now I think classic EQ is the way more better way.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry I wasn't saying I have Autism in a slanderous way. I would say I was most definitely a little mentally slow as a kid. I still think I am mentally slow. I also currently believe I have brain damage. So much brain damage in fact, that I'm afraid I will never be able to group in EQ classic, my most favorite game.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I wasn't saying I have Autism in a slanderous way. I would say I was most definitely a little mentally slow as a kid. I still think I am mentally slow. I also currently believe I have brain damage. So much brain damage in fact, that I'm afraid I will never be able to group in EQ classic, my most favorite game.
Want to group? I don't remember my account name or password but let's do it.
Old 12-04-2023, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is actually fun. Like imagine being ok with auto attack gameplay for 10+years.
Decided not to play Quarm because POP is not my thing... but Luclin is the best expansion in the game in my opinion. A shame there isn't a server with P99 quality that stops in Luclin. Absolutely love it.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine Gate Keeping yourself from fun while flexing about your time being wasted.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine Gate Keeping yourself from fun while flexing about your time being wasted.
If I find something fun, but someone else is still having fun after I'm done then it is like I've lost or something! As such I should just never have fun to begin with.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung