Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Orc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah windows 10 is not p99 friendly. this won't fix the issue but it may make it better:

turn off loading art. do this in game by bringing up options (alt+o) go to display tab and in the top right corner you have the load screen drop down. select none. good luck, hope it helps
This worked a good bit for me. I still crash sometimes but it pretty much flipped it from 75% of the time crashing to only 25% of the time crashing.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone else on Windows 10 have your game freeze in the character load screen while alt tabbed? I will camp out and if I leave for more than 10 miinutes, my char will be sitting there frozen and I can escape back to login screen. Also, happens most reliably on my Iksar...not as bad on classic models.

Also, does anyone ever have their screen freeze, but your char is still in the game? Like I could leave the screen frozen and my char would stay their until I force quit the application.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Logout crashes are usually due to outside overlays/interfaces. For example, Teamspeak Overwolf is guaranteed to crash your client when you log out.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Large Bat

I'll reply again, and maybe it will get posted this time...

Go into your game install folder and right click on eqgame.exe -> Properties

Go to compatibility tab and change to Windows 98/Windows Me.

You'll get a User Account Control prompt when you launch EQ, but from what I've seen, I no longer crash if I do a normal camp to character select, then exit out that way.

About 1 in 4 times, I still crash if I /camp desktop though.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Large Bat

Ummm I crash literally 5 times to 8 times before getting in game. I am on windows 10. Switching the compatibility to windows 98/me seems to be working well so far.. Rip UI but its a small price to pay for being able....to play.. lol thanks guys u are shiney golden gods!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Skeleton

Default fix to logout crash

i think i might have found a fix. go to everquest files and find your eqgame.exe
right click on it. go to compatibility and set compatibility mode to windows xp (service pack 2) not sure if this is helpful now.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

When i have default ui on i always seem to crash.

Try download the default UIs from https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11949 see if that helps.