Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this true? I've had several LD deaths and the corpse was always in the spot I was when I went LD, maybe just luck though I guess.
If its not, it should be. Was what happened on live during classic.

If its not, another explanation could be that he didn't notice he was going LD until right before disconnect and was moving client side, but stayed in the spot when it started server side. If this is the case he just needs to retrace his steps.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this true? I've had several LD deaths and the corpse was always in the spot I was when I went LD, maybe just luck though I guess.
You've never seen a group member go LD ? They will actually follow the mob around and keep fighting it.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've never seen a group member go LD ? They will actually follow the mob around and keep fighting it.
I've seen people go LD but don't think I've ever witnessed that, if I did I don't remember it.

Now I'm wondering why LD me never wins the battle or flees long enough to fully disconnect :/
Old 06-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Kobold

There I am, so pretty. Thank you for the location! I really don't know how I missed him, the area isn't big and I stick right out.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I guess I dont have to log in now later. Mystery solved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6flk0s01QCE
Old 06-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've seen people go LD but don't think I've ever witnessed that, if I did I don't remember it.

Now I'm wondering why LD me never wins the battle or flees long enough to fully disconnect :/
Went LD soloing those skeletons in DL. Came back to a pile of chips in front of me, and myself at about 30%. I have no idea how a headless cleric won that. I wonder if your character still earns xp from the kill...
Old 06-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went LD soloing those skeletons in DL. Came back to a pile of chips in front of me, and myself at about 30%. I have no idea how a headless cleric won that. I wonder if your character still earns xp from the kill...
I was root/rotting Gornit in the Ocean of Tears with my druid one time, and the power went out and back on. I came back on to find his corpse in front of me. I can't help but think that it was because I was wielding a Garou Bone Club, and because I was an "NPC" when I went LD, that it's pathetic damage output was ignored, and the proc was going off more than usual.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

tl;dr whole thread.

If the mob started fleeing while you were engaged, your LD character chased it to wherever it fled and you were trained and killed at that location rather than where you last saw your character.