Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default At a loss as to what to play

I tried playing here a few years ago but due to RL stuff couldnt continue. I didnt have much and what I did i guess I deleted because when coming back Character Select was blank. So I started a DE SK thinking I could do soloing and tradeskills. Ive reached level 22 and its kinda this brick wall that Im not sure is the class or just my limited gear.

I like to solo most of the time while doing other things. I set goals for the time I have to play of farming items or reaching a level. Im not opposed to grouping, I just dont go out of my way to do so. As such I think I need a different class. Originally when I started I was going to be a druid. After some thought i decided against that because Charming really needs the instant invis ring not to feel bad so I looked at shaman. The shear cost of getting that off the ground scares me away from it.

Do you guys have a suggestion as to what would be Ideal for me? I like farming tradeskill items and leveling those, class quest, solo with the ability to group and making a bit of plat along to way to fund my adventure. Im not looking at whats best end game or raiding or leveling as fast as possible.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Banned

Shaman? Necro? Druid? I'd say Shaman fits you.. Ignore any worries of not having money to start a toon. Nothin you can do about that.. And it's not gonna stop you from accomplishing what you want. Chop chop!! Make that toon!
Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessien881 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried playing here a few years ago but due to RL stuff couldnt continue. I didnt have much and what I did i guess I deleted because when coming back Character Select was blank. So I started a DE SK thinking I could do soloing and tradeskills. Ive reached level 22 and its kinda this brick wall that Im not sure is the class or just my limited gear.

I like to solo most of the time while doing other things. I set goals for the time I have to play of farming items or reaching a level. Im not opposed to grouping, I just dont go out of my way to do so. As such I think I need a different class. Originally when I started I was going to be a druid. After some thought i decided against that because Charming really needs the instant invis ring not to feel bad so I looked at shaman. The shear cost of getting that off the ground scares me away from it.

Do you guys have a suggestion as to what would be Ideal for me? I like farming tradeskill items and leveling those, class quest, solo with the ability to group and making a bit of plat along to way to fund my adventure. Im not looking at whats best end game or raiding or leveling as fast as possible.
Enchanter or necro. I self-geared my enchanter and got my gobby ring in the 40s by selling shit and killing a lot of guards. A good enc think set is obtainable for very little plat or by doing quests on your own. Most enc twink sets I see are like 10k plat (unless people are going crazy).

Here are the basics:
-Stein of Maggok
-Crude Stein
-2x Opaline Earrings
-2x JC 7 Cha wrists
-Loam Boots
-Saryn Hair Hood
-JC 9 Cha neck.

That’s like 60 charisma right there. On a high elf with your highest charisma buff you will be like 235 Cha. Add a rod of insidious glamor (solo-able in the mid 30s) and any number of other minor upgrades and you can hit 255 easily. Int is not super important for an enchanter - and the above and regular upgrades will get you to the 200ish mark pretty easily.

Necro could solo to 60 naked and has a get-out-of-jail-free card with FD. A CoS is expensive but not an absolutely necessary item.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

If you are a Wood Elf or Halfling Druid, you can use Hide instead of the instant invis ring. Only human druids need that for instant break, but the truth is, unlike enchanters, I feel like druids need instant breaks less. They can control outdoor situations gone bad pretty well. I think you might like druid.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I took your advice and made a shaman, hopefully it goes better than the SK. I got 36 plat to my name, does anyone have a starter weapon or armor i could buy with it
Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

For a shaman, banded armor / hp rings will probably be the most effective first purchase. Just ask in EC for some cheap starter weaps. A lot of people give out the ~50-100p weaps for free.

Also, make sure you can buy spells
Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Aviak

necro is the most powerful with the least gear. I played shaman as my first here thinking I was super smart strategist, but with no plats / friends its been slow to say the least. finally hit 60 after about 15 months on that character.

1st character that can be done with nothing:
Necro (doesnt need gear to function)
Bard (doesnt need fancy gear to preform its roll)
Cleric (a guild will gear you up if you want to play this)
Rogue (ppl just invite they dont inspect)

Below these a bit I put Chanter > Shaman strongest soloer's but they need stuff.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

I think Necro is what you need. Can fd if u need afk. Solo class. Overall strong class. And Int gear is cheap.

Shaman spells are just to expensive, fungi and epic expensive as well. Yes, Shaman super powerful ... my main is a 60 Shaman with all the above but for a new player with nothing ... don’t do it.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 09-20-2018 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-20-2018, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Necro is what you need. Can fd if u need afk. Solo class. Overall strong class. And Int gear is cheap.
Yep, this. Can level on no gear just fine.

Just endure the first 12-16 levels as it does start slow(er) but the power curve...once you hit the 20s/30s you'll really start to do things.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Necro. Necro is ultimate solo class, no gear required. I suggest you reroll as such (iksar plz)

Druid is not as powerful but still fun to play, no mana regen.

Enchanter, never played past 20 but can be a good solo artist and great for groups. No FD

Shaman is not a great solo choice in your situation.

Mage is straight forward dps. No mana regen and boring

Bard is technical class for solo, but can be potentially fastest class to 60

Monk and sk are a good all around solo class. Dependent on gear

Don't play cleric, wizard, paladin, rogue and most importantly never go full retard and play a warrior.

Warriors are reserved for the most severe autists on this server.