Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the current Scout setup?
Keep it as-is, because a random amongst 40 people in perpetuity is fun. 166 77.93%
This compromise sounds like an acceptable melding of opinions. 13 6.10%
The current setup sucks, but I want something different outlined below. 34 15.96%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Sarnak

A reminder that Velious was beaten 3 years ago in Kunark gear. Hard cringe at anyone proposing level requirements for elfsim barbie dress-up.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55+ is a reasonable number
Old 09-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A reminder that Velious was beaten 3 years ago in Kunark gear. Hard cringe at anyone proposing level requirements for elfsim barbie dress-up.
Hard cringe at people who say hard cringe
Old 09-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard cringe at people who say hard cringe
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Can we get a zone wide shout that explains the Scout roll rules each time the roll officially is about to commence so no one is unclear as to what is going on or if the ruleset changes?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get a zone wide shout that explains the Scout roll rules each time the roll officially is about to commence so no one is unclear as to what is going on or if the ruleset changes?
is scout roll staff enforced? under the impression it's only a lack of courage preventing the return of clickfest.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In trying times like these we should stop and ponder what the original developers intended by making a trivial quest bottleneck at 10 hours. Oh wait they were all on drugs and this quest is distilled autism. Have fun pressing /ran for the next 3 months in the hopes of getting a marginal upgrade so you can slay polygons the same way you have been (stats don't matter). BF Skinner would be proud
Immersion is the common idea yet one has to wonder what's immersive about a static world where everyone who dies pop back into existence. Where you can also find other people who pop back into existence but in different places with no clothes on, who are in turn camping the other non-player characters who pop back into existence with a random chance of carrying something different.

Perhaps the NPCs are time travellers trying to repair a mistake as we players are locked in a constant loop of endless war as we commit atrocity after atrocity in the form of murder and genocide.

I mean the most common way to raise a faction is either an insane obsession with muffins (contributing to obesity in Norrath) or wholesale slaughter of hundreds of creatures just so someone else might like us more.

#shutitdown before we lose ourselves completely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

They got rid of click fest and we still complain? What have we become?

I think click fest was fair at 19ms
Old 09-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They got rid of click fest and we still complain?
I think "we" might be to strong of a word: the people complaining are the minority.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Humans always complain.

That's why I rolled iksar. We endure