Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

Here are some more ways that Classic is GOOD

No mercs
No glowing trails on the ground to find a quest-giver, or merchant in the bazaar, etc.
No stars or exclamation points above the head of a quest-giver, etc.

More ways that the game would be better

Not able to consider faction of mobs - maybe a change in the graphic of the mob (as in a smile or frown), once in agro range, but why should you be able to know the demeanor of another from a distance?

Names-is this a convention or re-union, with name tags on your chest?

Better details on stats on your character screen - example, overweight monks' AC penalties should display; damage bonus for STR should be spelled out; cumulative haste from items/buffs; etc. If this kind of knowledge is "cheating" then why even list your stats, isn't that "EZ mode?"
Old 12-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sortof like the hybrid penalties. You can choose ezy-mode (for eq anyway) or really fekking hard mode.
The issue I take with the hybrid experience penalty of 40% was that it reduced experience gains while grouping. On this server we had a LOT of min-maxed minded people who would snub a hybrid for a group slot in preference for anything else they could get to work in that place instead.

If you wanted to advocate that the exp penalty be left in until the timeline patch, I'd say "great" if a custom fix of the penalty being reduced to 20% if you are grouped with another person and reduced to 0% once the group size hits 3 or more. Paladins, SK's, and especially Rangers shouldn't have their pickup group game experience crapped on until Velious, or at least that's my opinion. Especially when it was the opinion of the original game devs when they fessed up to acknowledging the situation and nuking the penalty.
Closed Thread