Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember this is a hobby for all involved, you can't expect hotfixes, but I will grant you a full and immediate refund to this months subscription fees as a gesture of good will.
A hobby or not, taking 6+ months to fix gating mobs is too long. Right now, merchants assisting guards is a big problem. Identify the Telin DB fix for this and roll it back. It shouldn't take another 6 months.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every Patch comes with its ups and downs, fixes have to happen.. mistakes happen, development is hard, you wouldn't understand, you are just a angst consumer.
Source code control is easy. DB rollbacks are easy.

Dev / Staging / UAT is easy.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Idc how long it should or shouldn’t take or how easy or hard it is to do, but if I was the one doing it and reading what some of you are whining about, I would be taking my good ol’ time...
Old 05-08-2021, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Source code control is easy. DB rollbacks are easy.

Dev / Staging / UAT is easy.
Nice Bro, here's an idea: Make your own Server and support it for years, then you might have enough credibility for someone to give a shit about your opinion.

And if you did do it you wouldn't be dumb enough to sell yourself that short would you?

It was obviously a Balancing thing, sorry you people got shafted.

Merchants use to assist too! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *TILTING*
Old 05-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idc how long it should or shouldn’t take or how easy or hard it is to do, but if I was the one doing it and reading what some of you are whining about, I would be taking my good ol’ time...
x2
Old 05-08-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the problem with this logic is that's not how it works.

When a private server owner is running a production server. They get fixes out asap. They may have to ban some people who are spamming but otherwise when the community cries out the staff listen and get it done.

I don't know why project 1999 Green has slipped away from the expected standards of a production private server. I have my theories.

It's important for people to cry out when something is wrong. It let's the staff know something is wrong. How the staff respond is what matters. Of course they could just keep us in the dark not giving us updates. It can go either way, they're the ones in control. We are the consumers. That however does not excuse the fact that Project 1999 is a private server with production server level of standards.

----
Edit: If p99 didn't have an expected level of excellence, you'd be playing one of the other lesser private servers or live everquest TLP
P99 is the largest everquest private server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-08-2021 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the problem with this logic is that's not how it works.

When a private server owner is running a production server. They get fixes out asap. They may have to ban some people who are spamming but otherwise when the community cries out the staff listen and get it done.

I don't know why project 1999 Green has slipped away from the expected standards of a production private server. I have my theories.

It's important for people to cry out when something is wrong. It let's the staff know something is wrong. How the staff respond is what matters. Of course they could just keep us in the dark not giving us updates. It can go either way, they're the ones in control. We are the consumers. That however does not excuse the fact that Project 1999 is a private server with production server level of standards.

----
Edit: If p99 didn't have an expected level of excellence, you'd be playing one of the other lesser private servers or live everquest TLP
P99 is the largest everquest private server.
You aren't even Consumers if you want to be all technical about it.

The Ultimate "Respect" a Developer can have for their "Consumer" is to just ignore the "Consumer" entirely and to keep a tight Development group of testers/devs creating what they created to begin with.. Not you. Consumers always try to take credibility where they have none.

Long term development is the only credibility you can have here. And they have it.

You have nothing to do with Development of this. They are not held to any Standard, they are just the best server, so people play on the best server, the Emulation of Classic/Velious/Kunark..

You're full of shit with these "Standards of Production" on a Private Emulated Server..

P99 is held to no "Standards" from you that ALL EQEMU servers aren't also held to. They have no expectations, and none of you are "helping.." you aren't doing anything but "consuming.." something 100% for free. Get real.
Last edited by Shawk; 05-08-2021 at 05:59 PM..
Old 05-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't even Consumers if you want to be all technical about it.

The Ultimate "Respect" a Developer can have for their "Consumer" is to just ignore the "Consumer" entirely and to keep a tight Development group of testers/devs creating what they created to begin with.. Not you. Consumers always try to take credibility where they have none.

Long term development is the only credibility you can have here. And they have it.

You have nothing to do with Development of this. They are not held to any Standard, they are just the best server, so people play on the best server, the Emulation of Classic/Velious/Kunark..

You're full of shit with these "Standards of Production" on a Private Emulated Server..

P99 is held to no "Standards" from you that ALL EQEMU servers are also held to. They have no expectations, and none of you are "helping.." you aren't doing anything but "consuming.." something 100% for free. Get real.
You are wrong for several reasons.
I never claimed I or consumers had anything to do with development. You are creating a fictional narrative from my post.

In the private server industry, a production server is one that is held to higher standards. These are generally the most popular and well staffed. You would not be here on P99 if it did not have a production level of standards.

All EQEMU servers are NOT held to the same standards. They ran by different people. Some who are very corrupt and some who are very good and honest. If you don't understand private servers you shouldn't even be approaching my post.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are wrong for several reasons.
I never claimed I or consumers had anything to do with development. You are creating a fictional narrative from my post.

In the private server industry, a production server is one that is held to higher standards. These are generally the most popular and well staffed. You would not be here on P99 if it did not have a production level of standards.

All EQEMU servers are NOT held to the same standards. They ran by different people. Some who are very corrupt and some who are very good and honest. If you don't understand private servers you shouldn't even be approaching my post.
"The Private Server Industry"
"Production Server"
"Level of Standards"

Speaking of a "Fictional Narrative.."
Old 05-08-2021, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"The Private Server Industry"
"Production Server"
"Level of Standards"

Speaking of a "Fictional Narrative.."
So how long have you been in the private server scene, Not as a player?
Across all mmorpgs. Please enlighten us. how many years.
Closed Thread