Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman solo in Chardok guide?

I've recently achieved torpor status on my shammy and am eager to explore. I've never spent time in Chardok (blue server) -- what camps are doable for a torpor shammy solo, and does anyone care to drop some knowledge on strats? (EDIT: have epic/full spell book, some SS armor but not all).
Old 07-22-2021, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Hello Garfo! If you want to camp named mobs in Chardok, you need to get factioned first so you are not KoS. This makes moving around the zone much easier.

When you are about to kill a placeholder mob (next DoT tick will kill it), /q to avoid the faction hit. I don't do this when I am killing a named mob. I take the faction hit so I can loot the body without someone thinking the drop is rotting if it takes longer than usual for me to get back in.

Shamans can only really handle 2 mobs simultaneously in Chardok safely (killing one and root CCing another). The mobs hit pretty hard, and they are fairly magic resistant, so you usually need to malo and slow every mob you have agroed. 3 mobs can be done, but it is very mana intensive, and it can go south quickly with unlucky resists or root breaks.

https://youtu.be/qS3uoIHTu_c here is a video of me soloing cryptmaster PH. You can see how I handle the fights. Also notice how I kill the first sarnak in the video. He is a pather, and he gates, so I need to kill him near his spawn point first before I kill the PH. Killing a gating mob next to their spawn point prevents them from gating. With the pather dead, the PH fight is only 2 mobs instead of three. You need to play smart like this in Chardok as a Shaman. Respawn time in Chardok is 20 minutes, so you need to be fast when doing a strategy like this, or you will have the pather respawn on you.

Be extra careful when fighting mobs with torches. They hit harder because they are dual wielding. Enchanters often equip a lot of mobs with torches so they can train a charmed mob PH through a bunch of mobs and kill it quickly. It's good for enchanters, but bad for Shamans when we need to kill the mob. As you can imagine, this also means Enchanters are training mobs through the zone at times. You need to learn where this happens, and coordinate with the Enchanters so you are not caught in the train while killing something. I have died a few times due to this.

Finally, you need good resistance gear. Many of the mobs in Chardok are casters, and Shamans don't have any reliable interrupts. This means you need to tank the spell casts and hope for resists. You could try using https://wiki.project1999.com/Forlorn...of_Rolfron_Zek every caster fight and recharge often. There is a merchant in zone, so you could do that. I haven't used the totem in Chardok myself, so I couldn't say how effective it is.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2021 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-22-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I just noticed my video is killing the wrong mob hehe. I was trying to kill the Gravemaster PH (Ghost Sarnak), but I killed the mob next to him instead. I updated the video name and added that caveat to the description. Hopefully this didn't confuse anyone.