Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 03:34 PM
Orc

Default Smallest group that could meaningfully farm HoT velious armor?

Oh wise sages of the realms of Norrath, what's the smallest force you could conceive of that could go into HoT and meaningfully gear themselves? Bonus points if you include group comps and strats. I'm curious of the feasibility of doing this with a single group.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:15 PM
Server GM

monk, sham, ench, 2x cleric, warrior + 1 more could do it slowly. the +1 would be another tank, monk/rogue or bard personally.

Have fun with glimmers.

Boxing = Perma Ban
Old 10-19-2021, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Monk Rogue Tank Cleric Shaman...Think thats about minimal. Maybe a 6th for resists if your melee resists arent great, like a bard or something?
Old 10-19-2021, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

HoT is a guild event, you are a loser if you try to circumvent that
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
monk, sham, ench, 2x cleric, warrior + 1 more could do it slowly. the +1 would be another tank, monk/rogue or bard personally.

Have fun with glimmers.
Dont think this would cut the mustard, couldn't even break in - maybe if the group had a stupid amount of clickies and other essentially non-classic bull shit that this server has, but not a 'regular' group. You couldnt CoTH in either cause no Mage. Would be a butt clencher train to get everyone in and even then w/o rogue i think you're fucked in the long run for even getting to a killing spot. Calling not possible
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 10-19-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Old 10-19-2021, 07:04 PM
Banned

Red face

^^found the warmbody
(LOL!)
Old 10-19-2021, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Pally, monk x2, shm, ench, bard, cleric, rogue. Can do with less but this would cover bases and be semi quick, just skip shimmers and train them away.

edit: i think kael armor farming is easier small group, can pull hallway mobs easy and requires no monk. any pet class can train away and any gate class can rip to entrance.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^found the warmbody
(LOL!)
Whoa Chortles is back
Old 10-20-2021, 10:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^found the warmbody
(LOL!)
btfo
Old 10-20-2021, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wise sages of the realms of Norrath, what's the smallest force you could conceive of that could go into HoT and meaningfully gear themselves? Bonus points if you include group comps and strats. I'm curious of the feasibility of doing this with a single group.
It really depends on the gear you have, unfortunately.

And if you are doing it to "meaningfully gear yourselves", then it's implied you don't already have HoT-level armor yet... and that changes a lot of factors.

I'd say 2 60 warriors who can cycle evasive with aggro weapons, 3 clerics, 2 enchanters, 1 shaman, 1 bard for mana song and backup slows, at least 2 monks, (or 1monk/ 1 sk who can help split and also be a ramp tank if needed), and then however many DPS you are willing to add to increase your chances of winning before the clerics go OOM. (Ideally you'd also have a druid to POTG your clerics, cast circles/regrowth, and heal your meelee through the red wurms, and a mage for rods/coh/ds.) If everyone is undergeared, I personally wouldn't attempt with less than 15-18.

I've seen groups of 18-24 struggle/wipe/leave because they didn't have two enchanters. It's a catch-22 of trying to tash/slow as fast as you can so the clerics don't go oom, but also wait long enough so the enchanter doesn't get eaten on tashing. Without a timely slow, or a fast enough kill - your non-HoT-geared clerics will go OOM. Without enough quick sieves, your blue drakes and white wurms will CH until your clerics run dry or many other mobs will gate, causing a painful wipeout.

Again, I'm laser focused on the "meaningfully gear themselves" part of your question and what it implies.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 10-20-2021 at 11:18 AM..
Closed Thread