Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Default Plat Farming Class for Red?

Hello everyone.

What would be a good class for farming plat on red? I dont care about hitting 60 on the toon. I just want to get to a level where I can farm plat at a good rate.

The purpose is to farm plat for gearing up alts. Alts are much more fun with some gear behind them.

The classes I was thinking were mage, druid or wizard.

The druid and wizard are tempting because I can port around the world to various farming locations and bank with ease.

The mage looked good because you can conjure those weight reduction bags and pack them full of crap to vendor. The problem I see is getting a port to vendor and bank your plat. Sometimes on red it takes along time to get a port.

I read that necros are good farmers but I dont want a evil class.

So what do ya think? Mage, druid or wizard?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Banned

Here’s a helpful tip: fuck off back to blue.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck off back to blue.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why farm plat on a dead server? There's no economy here either to buy twink items
Old 10-30-2017, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

How common is selling here? I know that on live they had the bazaaar and there was no PvP there. I can't remember what we did before the bazaar in PvP servers, since I can't remember what I did in 1999, and I didn't start playing again until 2001 and but keep in mind Luclin was released Dec 2001. Btw bazaar prizes on the Zek servers were insanely high.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 10-30-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Old 10-30-2017, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How common is selling here? I know that on live they had the bazaaar and there was no PvP there. I can't remember what we did before the bazaar in PvP servers, since I can't remember what I did in 1999, and I didn't start playing again until 2001 and but keep in mind Luclin was released Dec 2001. Btw bazaar prizes on the Zek servers were insanely high.
You cant sell shit unless you lowball it. Everyone has 10 of each item.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smeeter,

Ignore the trolls. Go with a druid, wizard, mage, or necro. All three have the ability to solo mobs that drop significant plat such as the giants. Farming plat is still worthwhile on the server. Depending on what class you go with will determine what mobs you can farm for loot that sells decently well in game.

If you choose a wizard, go into that class knowing it's harder to level up compared to the other 3 classes. Once you get a pair of Jboots and some ports, you'll be good to go!
Yeah the trolls dont bother me. From what I understand most of them dont even play.

I think Ill go with druid for the fact that I can port around and buff low levels up as well as farm. While leveling it has been nice when high level druids pop up and toss me some buffs! Not to mention give people ports around.

What are some good druid locations for farming plat? Also what level would I need to be to farm them at a good pace?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Do you want a 40 person pop server?
Closed Thread