Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Default Skyshrine advice

So my necro is about to hit 49. Whole mess of goodies come with that level that I cannot wait to take advantage of. Been planning my next steps on where to go and what I would like to give a try.

Generally with my play style I enjoy the fear kiting afkish camps most, but been playing around in CC with root rotting and what not. Generally I like taking on the high level mobs for the rush of resists and really feeling the struggle of whooping a mob that is pretty tough (CC excluded from this I just love that zone).

So my question is: is Skyshrine a viable option at this point or is this going be too much to muscle through?

Looking at the super rare drops there is a ton of items that would be large upgrades. and the interest of exping and getting some gear improvements/plat really peaks my interest.

Thank you!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Given that you mention large upgrades I'm assuming you are thinking mainly of the Fe`Dhars.

You'll be way low at 49, tbh. The earliest I found it viable to solo them (aka. land spells) was at 57. This was as an enc, with tash. Buffed pet (shambling cube) -> tash/slow(/root) Fe`Dhar.

They hit hard, have a ton of HP and regen very rapidly. Unmezzable but rootable/slowable and does not summon.

The shambling cubes are somewhat easier and share some of the loot table, but I've never seen any of the items you're after drop from them.

Also. Stuff is rare. Like, really rare.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll be way low at 49, tbh. The earliest I found it viable to solo them (aka. land spells) was at 57. This was as an enc, with tash. Buffed pet (shambling cube) -> tash/slow(/root) Fe`Dhar.
57 is a pretty fair estimate. I do the Wyverns on my necro when I'm looking for something to kill some time. I started doing them at 58. The shambling cubes can vary in level, and I have seen loot drop from them. Some of them are a cake walk and you can run through them, some of them come in with rediculous HP and resists. At 58, I often had to use a life tap clicky wand from Hate to be able to lich enough mana to kill the max level ones.

You might be able to get one down here and there before 57, but I would guess you'd be FD'ing a lot of the attempts.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Kobold

Well that is a bummer. Pulling up the wiki made me think that they would be a struggle but possibly doable (i.e kill one or 2 per rest cycle, even with flops). Then again this is velious and I am sure their MR is silly.

Any other suggestions of places to both gear up and level up at 49? I think I am too low for HS right?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Gear and level...I'd say lower guk. Sage camp has s belt and head slot. Some other 1-2k drops as well at other camps. HS is 53ish to really get a steady so flow. You could probably do some root rotting at 51 in there but it would be a high risk little reward kind of deal. Tower of frozen shadow certainly has some good necro gear. Xp wise you'll probably need the 3rd floor st least.
Closed Thread