Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Luclin without Luclin

What would happen if this server emulated the timeline of a person who never bought the Shadows of Luclin expansion? They would never be able to travel to Luclin zones, roll a Beastlord, or earn AAs. But they would see:
  • Rebalancing of several items including the 'real' Blade of Carnage and Ranger-usable Crown of Narandi
  • Spell fixes including no more dex+focus, cheaper Rapture, AE immune Wizard pets, and pets using player level/resistances
  • Full FT stacking
  • No-aggro Eye of Zomm
  • Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl
  • Ring of Vulak
  • DoT stacking
  • Focus Effects
  • Ancient Spells
  • Late Luclin AC system (289 hardcap should be in effect all through P99's timeline)

What's your opinion? Would you consider this interpretation 'classic' ? Do you think these changes improve game balance?
Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

You left out the great Monk mitigation nerf.

Danth
Old 04-22-2019, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Non aggro eye rest is pretty meh
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

The 'Late Luclin AC system' is the Monk mitigation nerf. In true Classic, Monks could obtain 289 item AC (just like everyone else) but had a higher avoidance rate due to Block, making them roughly as durable as Knights. Verant, as per usual, failed to understand their own mechanics and way overdid it, then partially rolled back the nerf midway through Planes of Power.
Last edited by Raev; 04-22-2019 at 01:30 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Banned

The Phoenix DAOC server kept everything as classic as possible, only adding minor quality of life features. It has done wonders.

That being said....

NOT CLASSIC.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Realistically I'm fine with completing the existing/planned timeline and calling P99 finished. Game's fine for what it is.

If changes were to be made, I'd prefer effective changes that attack the problems directly rather than slavishly repeating the same mistakes the ever-inept Sony made the first time 'round. P99 appears to use a more or less custom AC system, so there's precedent.

Danth
Old 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

I do think another classic server with common sense quality of life changes would be cool.

Like make Wizards a viable class, etc.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

@Danth Of course there is nothing wrong with a hard cut the day before Luclin release; the question is whether this would be better. It's also worth noting that the explicit mission of this Project is the slavish replication of Verant's complete decision timeline.

@Dino the 'classic client' timeline would substantially boost Wizards: +10% damage from Improved Damage III, -5% mana from Mana Preservation III, +3 FT from the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl, Xuzl becomes extremely useful, and a 5:1 Ancient nuke. I don't know whether that makes them viable in your mind or not.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think another classic server with common sense quality of life changes would be cool.
You mean like a SHARED BANK?! How this is not a thing on this server is mind boggling. If you're going to go against the original vision of the server you might as well add a shared bank for player convenience as well.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Realistically I'm fine with completing the existing/planned timeline and calling P99 finished. Game's fine for what it is.
This. No triple attack please, since that is pre-luclin patch.