Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He died from a root as it clearly shows in the picture. You slow or something?
LOL you're right that was the root, wow that's pretty impressive never saw a root kill someone.

Cwall how do you feel about best friend dying is such a tragically humiliating fashion?
Last edited by New_Guy; 12-18-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Old 12-20-2021, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Lol wow a lot of “yeah that def didn’t happen” being posted especially by OP. Gotta love it
Old 12-20-2021, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol wow a lot of “yeah that def didn’t happen” being posted especially by OP. Gotta love it
Amazing how angry people are over "Stuff that didn't happen" heeheehee!

And which one of my butthurt old victims may you be?
Old 12-20-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

Pushing almost exclusively on my own on the forums to remove xp loss in pvp during the first year, year and a half when red launched. Everyone was too busy either:

- Abusing the mechanic in PVE to stranglehold places like fear, nihilum did this for months and no one was willing to eat the xp death to challenge them, understandably.

- Stomping casuals until they quit the server even though this meant this stupidly would lead to a dead server

It was pretty much too late when the devs finally reacted but yea
Old 12-20-2021, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pushing almost exclusively on my own on the forums to remove xp loss in pvp during the first year, year and a half when red launched. Everyone was too busy either:

- Abusing the mechanic in PVE to stranglehold places like fear, nihilum did this for months and no one was willing to eat the xp death to challenge them, understandably.

- Stomping casuals until they quit the server even though this meant this stupidly would lead to a dead server

It was pretty much too late when the devs finally reacted but yea
And that shit should be common sense, you get 70% of the server in one guild and it becomes blue.

For a PvP server to thrive you need some anti zerg rules in place, or the pixel hounds will use gear camping in mass numbers to make up for their awful pvp skills.

That is why teams are really the only solution on a PVP server, you just need to lock creation on the one team if they grow too large, problem solved. It ain't rocket science here.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is why teams are really the only solution on a PVP server, you just need to lock creation on the one team if they grow too large, problem solved. It ain't rocket science here.
You know thats the first argument i read about teams that makes me think it could work. I often asked the question about how you solve one "guild" ruling the server when the "guild" (teams factions) is not leavable? Like you hardset something like nihilum as the faction relation template that will likely happen.

But right on the heels of that one, i was thinking while i was typing, you cant underestimate the lenght to which the typical red player (after it was cleansed from casuals etc that might return with 2.0) will go to game the system. I remember reading/hearing about people doing 8 hour shifts to level a character 24/7 at red launch and thought, ok i didnt see that coming. Imagine on teams a couple of level 50s on day 5 or whatever of the server running around and camping places like mistmoore/unrest entrance one-shotting people or creating a bunch of fake accounts to artificially fill one side of factions to be able to uneven the faction table even more.

Teams might work but only if little things like this are seen in advance and at least some effort is put into trying to prevent them. If you just do like what to me seemed to me to be happening at red launch (press the on button and move on to other things) then youre better off making a FFA server which only needs to be no-xp loss from day1 to sort of work. Even if a guild like nihilum exists on a day1 no-xploss server it doesnt matter much as people can still make guerilla attemps at the current champ and have fun doing it.

Edit: Thats why brainstorming is important. Like everyone adds in shit you hadnt thought about. For example for me someone talked about a time-increment leveling (first 2 weeks level 20 max or something). Once i read that it was instantly obvious this was a good idea and a way to block the 24/7 thing.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 12-20-2021 at 09:28 PM..
Old 12-21-2021, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine reading an ecoli post. Big ole yikers…
Old 12-21-2021, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine reading an ecoli post. Big ole yikers…
Imagine being that unhappy in your life that you come to this forum for years contributing basically nothing just trying to shit on people.
Old 12-21-2021, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know thats the first argument i read about teams that makes me think it could work. I often asked the question about how you solve one "guild" ruling the server when the "guild" (teams factions) is not leavable? Like you hardset something like nihilum as the faction relation template that will likely happen.

But right on the heels of that one, i was thinking while i was typing, you cant underestimate the lenght to which the typical red player (after it was cleansed from casuals etc that might return with 2.0) will go to game the system. I remember reading/hearing about people doing 8 hour shifts to level a character 24/7 at red launch and thought, ok i didnt see that coming. Imagine on teams a couple of level 50s on day 5 or whatever of the server running around and camping places like mistmoore/unrest entrance one-shotting people or creating a bunch of fake accounts to artificially fill one side of factions to be able to uneven the faction table even more.

Teams might work but only if little things like this are seen in advance and at least some effort is put into trying to prevent them. If you just do like what to me seemed to me to be happening at red launch (press the on button and move on to other things) then youre better off making a FFA server which only needs to be no-xp loss from day1 to sort of work. Even if a guild like nihilum exists on a day1 no-xploss server it doesnt matter much as people can still make guerilla attemps at the current champ and have fun doing it.

Edit: Thats why brainstorming is important. Like everyone adds in shit you hadnt thought about. For example for me someone talked about a time-increment leveling (first 2 weeks level 20 max or something). Once i read that it was instantly obvious this was a good idea and a way to block the 24/7 thing.
The only way it could be done is to keep the one account per mac address rule in place to stop account spoofing. Sure some can get around it but it wouldn't be enough to over enlarge a team.

But to be honest if I was running a server I would go Rallos rules on that shit, release insanely powerful quest actors on any guild that reaches 60% of the playerbase until you shed the guild of members through pure pvp torture.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

My proudest accomplishment on red was beating Holocaust by owning every zone including South Karana which they thought would give them some kind of advantage. Making it to level 50 while Holocaust was still in SK killing gnolls, forming Nihilum or whatever it was called, killing Imaginary Friends in the process, and then quitting having won PvP and leaving the scraps to the dregs. All the best PvPers quit well before Kunark even released with the server having already been destroyed and won. I would quit my job, divorce my wife, and sell my children to do it all over again. It was hilarious just how few even average PvPers actually played on Red making it an absolutely sad experience. That is why the best players left, there was no challenge, it was just sad.

I'll always remember being in LGuk when Lovely came by, had just gotten Ice Comet and dropped it on the leader of Imaginary Friends whose name I forget, and we all just sat there watching as they died. Then we guild disbanded and formed Nihilum after killing Naggy. I quit the next day and traded my account for a 60 blue Necro. Truly one of the most hilarious moments in gaming as every shit talking guild just folded about 15 minutes after that. I only recently heard TMO tried to come over and that is my one regret that I didn't stay for that.

All I remember is winning Red and now I enjoy reading the stories of those who came after the fight was already over.
Closed Thread