Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My proudest accomplishment on red was beating Holocaust by owning every zone including South Karana which they thought would give them some kind of advantage. Making it to level 50 while Holocaust was still in SK killing gnolls, forming Nihilum or whatever it was called, killing Imaginary Friends in the process, and then quitting having won PvP and leaving the scraps to the dregs. All the best PvPers quit well before Kunark even released with the server having already been destroyed and won. I would quit my job, divorce my wife, and sell my children to do it all over again. It was hilarious just how few even average PvPers actually played on Red making it an absolutely sad experience. That is why the best players left, there was no challenge, it was just sad.

I'll always remember being in LGuk when Lovely came by, had just gotten Ice Comet and dropped it on the leader of Imaginary Friends whose name I forget, and we all just sat there watching as they died. Then we guild disbanded and formed Nihilum after killing Naggy. I quit the next day and traded my account for a 60 blue Necro. Truly one of the most hilarious moments in gaming as every shit talking guild just folded about 15 minutes after that. I only recently heard TMO tried to come over and that is my one regret that I didn't stay for that.

All I remember is winning Red and now I enjoy reading the stories of those who came after the fight was already over.
Well I guess to Nihilum dragon slaying for pixels was the measure for success, but sadly this is a red server.

Flowers of Happiness scored the most overall kills on this box, so on Red, they won, but grats on blue stuff.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My proudest accomplishment on red was beating Holocaust by owning every zone including South Karana which they thought would give them some kind of advantage. Making it to level 50 while Holocaust was still in SK killing gnolls, forming Nihilum or whatever it was called, killing Imaginary Friends in the process, and then quitting having won PvP and leaving the scraps to the dregs. All the best PvPers quit well before Kunark even released with the server having already been destroyed and won. I would quit my job, divorce my wife, and sell my children to do it all over again. It was hilarious just how few even average PvPers actually played on Red making it an absolutely sad experience. That is why the best players left, there was no challenge, it was just sad.

I'll always remember being in LGuk when Lovely came by, had just gotten Ice Comet and dropped it on the leader of Imaginary Friends whose name I forget, and we all just sat there watching as they died. Then we guild disbanded and formed Nihilum after killing Naggy. I quit the next day and traded my account for a 60 blue Necro. Truly one of the most hilarious moments in gaming as every shit talking guild just folded about 15 minutes after that. I only recently heard TMO tried to come over and that is my one regret that I didn't stay for that.

All I remember is winning Red and now I enjoy reading the stories of those who came after the fight was already over.
summary: leveled to 50, used an exploit to kill nagafen, quit

that's sick man
Old 12-26-2021, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

It's not the killing of the dragon but what it represents. Total domination of the server. That is why I quit, the server was over. Anyone who claims raid supremacy doesn't translate to PvP supremacy is a liar or is referring to low level twink fights.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:14 PM
Orc

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2021, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's not the killing of the dragon but what it represents. Total domination of the server. That is why I quit, the server was over. Anyone who claims raid supremacy doesn't translate to PvP supremacy is a liar or is referring to low level twink fights.
I've only heard this claim made from terrible PvP'ers who justified their non existent skills by measuring pixels.

If this were true, then how come those who gain all the pixels still never get good at PvP and are always on the bottom of every PvP ranking system?

Hate and Ruin dominated the raiding scene on Sullon for years, but it took them 5 years to overcome Darkenbane Company on the Leaderboard. Half a decade to beat a guild that had been disbanded and hadn't tallied a single point in that time.

If your guild was so great then how come I killed the majority of them on a 52 wizard in a flowing black robe?
Old 12-26-2021, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who gives a fuck about that top 1% nerd shit, really. Im not even a good EQ player and you can still have fun at low level duking it out.

Classic era was garbage with xp loss. Nothing to do with the sort of gameplay youd be having on Rallos. A glorified PVE server. I remember clearly trying to rile up the peasants to fight holocaust in Guk on day 4 or 5 and nobody wanted to eat the xp loss. Im not blaming them, the mechanic was ill-thought and fucked up the server. It was a blue server basically, so i decided to make the best of it and instead sight-see the stuff i hadnt seen on live like mistmoore and raid areas.

To me the peak of the server was when xp loss in pvp was removed during Kunark. There was a huge fight in emerald jungle that nite i think, the KC fights, the fights for dragons in Kunark guilded with Heartbrand's 3rd option, it was finally starting to look like Rallos / a proper pvp server. That lasted about 5 minutes as Sirken (or Sirken doing the devs' wishes) nerfed xp and half the server logged off forever.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 12-26-2021 at 06:53 PM..
Old 12-26-2021, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

This is just too easy, even easier than the PvP on red.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This is just too easy, even easier than the PvP on red.
LOL blue's are adorable they think they are trolling bragging about pixels.

I never even thought to take a screenshot in PvE and most of my gear was best in slot.

You're trying to sell ice to eskimos.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

hell yeah dominated the PvP by leveling a character up
Old 12-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Sarnak

pls be nice to azxten, he makes other posters appear less retarded
Closed Thread