Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is not a bannable offense. Its only an issue if you are actually maintaining a list and mislead people. If you're not maintaining a list, there should be a crowd ready to go as soon as you leave because its up in the air at that point.

In other words, the only problem arises if you tell someone "you're next" and then when you're done you instead give the camp to someone else when the original person is there and waiting.
This is correct ... by the rules as given to us in the forum by our volunteer staff gods ... but it's important to remember that those same gods reserve the right to rule however they want.

They generally rule consistently with past GMs, and this is the server where the staff let TMO monopolize camps for months at a time, so there is a strong precedent for "the current camp holder gets to do whatever the crap they want when they leave (except lie about who is next)" ... but, crucially, there is no Camp Rules quote saying that.

So as much as I think people waiting out of zone for a camp are lame ... and even though I've personally "forgotten" to tell people who were next in line out of zone in favor of letting the person who's actually there have it (on Blue) ... I'd still recommend caution when "messing with the list". The only true rules here are the Play Nice Policies, and they can be summarized as "don't be a dick".

If you are a dick with your handling of a list, it could absolutely come back to haunt you ... regardless of what the Camp Rules page says.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Old 06-09-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Nope: as the person who compiled the camp rules, I just want to make sure no one thinks they are "the only rules" ... when the real rules live in the staff's head.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Banned

consider blue
Old 06-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

A guy on my friendslist said he got 3 ac rings in the last week and has been able to get a spot through friends nudging him in after them. I havent been there or tried but i dont trust a long player list. They are never legit
Old 06-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Your friend is exaggerating at best, people track that googledoc thoroughly and quite a few people have been deleted for shenanigans.

Although I note that most of the problems/excessive length of the list has occurred after this thread started.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Large Rat

Who decides who deletes names from the list? Cause i heard people have like 5 alts on there.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Remind me to come charm him and take him far far away from whatever bullshit list you guys made up.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

I don't like that you can remain on list while not in zone. So there's no point to waiting there at the camp for your turn? Unless someone breaks the "community list rules"?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 06-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Kobold

scum
Closed Thread