Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

None of you ancient losers actually want 100% classic.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you ancient losers actually want 100% classic.
I want pure 1:1 classic. spawns, quests, mechanics, exploits, client and net speeds. Everything exactly how it was per each era. I want 1:1 era accuracy. Really, relive the 1999-2001 everquest years.

It's a dream though, P99 is the closest & best thing available.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want pure 1:1 classic. spawns, quests, mechanics, exploits, client and net speeds. Everything exactly how it was per each era. I want 1:1 era accuracy. Really, relive the 1999-2001 everquest years.

Tbh it's 2020 and this server is over 10+ years old on it's own and most of you have been here for at least half that time. It's time to let it go and just accept what you get.

Meanwhile, life is much more relaxed on Aradune.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bolt type spells should hit mobs on hills twice! I wish I knew about /log in those early days...

-Mcoy
Old 11-28-2020, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would 100% support Devs working out a deal with GameBreak Entertainment or whoever owns EQ, and getting us on subs for accounts. My only concern is they would put silly crap in like the store and ruin it all.
I would not pay one dime for this old ass game. The biggest draw to P99 is that it's free.

There are many things not classic on P99... the biggest and most glaring is the ugly Titanium UI and the ability for people to use custom UIs. Item linking; another big one. Basically any type of "Quality of life" mechanic wasn't classic.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-28-2020, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

I don't care if it is classic.

I do care P99 server is up and available to us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 11-28-2020 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: No reason!
Old 11-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bread quest video from blue really made it explode to where they had to change it even beyond classic nerfs. People found ways to get from 14-60 in a day when the pulling to zone thing happened nobody did that in classic lol
This is the biggest unclassic thing to me.

It’s the mentality of the player base. We’ve gone from a player base of ‘I’m going on an adventure!’ Bilbos to a bunch of Saurons intent on domination.

On live the highpass orcs and gnolls were a popular place to level. In Lake of Ill Omen you’d get teenage iksar mixing with fresh off boat young elves on the beaches and at the fort. Here it is just level 50 pet casters farming clickies.

It’s a race to the top to horde pixels which misses out on adventure.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Not being able to change in game brightness levels is fucking asinine when you add /list and 1000 other non classic things

<Grunny Swampskin>Retired
<Brennard>Retired
<Alton> Retired
<Vizuni>
Old 11-28-2020, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

cancel magic
Old 11-28-2020, 08:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the biggest unclassic thing to me.

It’s the mentality of the player base. We’ve gone from a player base of ‘I’m going on an adventure!’ Bilbos to a bunch of Saurons intent on domination.

On live the highpass orcs and gnolls were a popular place to level. In Lake of Ill Omen you’d get teenage iksar mixing with fresh off boat young elves on the beaches and at the fort. Here it is just level 50 pet casters farming clickies.

It’s a race to the top to horde pixels which misses out on adventure.
Closed Thread