Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to call bullshit on you 'this was done a long time ago but good for you' copers. There wasn't anyone doing or talking about this until Ivory started posting here about it and anyone that tries it sees it absolutely dominates over conventional necro play in Classic.

Your overgeared raider larper on Blue in 201-whatever might have tried it for nerd points but Ivory showed it is literally the best way to play this class on Green as it stands.
-nods nods nods-

Though, it don't matter if it's something new, or if it is just ancient bone knowledge lost to time... being rediscovered by the gnomes and quietly cultivated and practiced... perfected...

Then rumors spreading of this great power and disciples from across Norrath springing up to seek after the power for themselves!!! Even dreaming to surpass Palabin, the bone knight some day.... will the iksars be able to surpass the powers the gnomes have achieved?? Even despite the gnomes using fine armors forged by the efreetis themselves?!

Now it is ushering in the rebirth of ancient techniques and powers only dreamed of in days long past!!!!!

Is like stumbling upon a temple of the shissar and learning how to fight in the ways of the shissar!! Maybe they invented it first, but it was lost to time by an ancient race of people!! Now it is being brought back into our era, and it is exciting times!

How far can this power go?!?! How strong is it truly?! No one knows yet!!! But I want to find out, go where no gnome has gone before. See if I can truly go beyond the limits of what was thought possible... and become a bone knight capable of fighting in ways thought unpossible before!!!

But first, I must travel to new lands to uncover ancient artifacts thought lost to time. I must seek out an ancient weapon of great power... that few have even seen.... the rod of annihilation!! Then on to finer armors and uncovering greater magics.

For ak'anon!!!!!!!

((P.S. The best of the best tournament some day is gonna be fun... I wonder how traditional necromancers will do against a fully equipped bone knight master.. mu ha ha ha ha))
Last edited by Ivory; 10-29-2020 at 04:35 AM..
Old 10-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

oh i guess yeah you have a pet but I guess I assumed this class felt more like an SK using a pet, which is more like just a little budy DPS, as opposed to like, fearing and keeping distance and managing your pet, while you try to do 50% with spells

on that 50% im sure you answered this already but is it like, no brainer that you do the more damage to get exp this way?
Old 10-29-2020, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh i guess yeah you have a pet but I guess I assumed this class felt more like an SK using a pet, which is more like just a little budy DPS, as opposed to like, fearing and keeping distance and managing your pet, while you try to do 50% with spells

on that 50% im sure you answered this already but is it like, no brainer that you do the more damage to get exp this way?
Oh nope, you don't outdamage the pet, especially at later levels (I guess maybe some fights against undead and the staff you can?). If you try to outdamage the pet, you are just blowing away a ton of mana and increasing downtime by a lot.

Instead it makes up for the EXP loss by being super efficient and killing more mobs.

And that's why I prefer to at least duo... because I'm not giving up any exp having someone else in the group (they just cancel out the pet EXP loss, which keeps my rate the same).

Then no matter what they are doing (nuking a little as a wizard, helping to dps some, healing, whatever) it's just speeding up my kill rate and increasing my exp.

It's just super consistent and reliable exping (and fast exp rate).
Old 10-30-2020, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Is this build worth a try even tho you never going to raid sky? Golden efreeti armor is so superior in ac then anything else...
Old 10-30-2020, 05:02 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario 7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro pets are HEAVILY nerfed on eq emulator, Minion of shadows is heavily nerfed on p99

Casters dont do any melee dmg also drugs and hormone pills
This isn't RnF and you clearly have no RL social life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this build worth a try even tho you never going to raid sky? Golden efreeti armor is so superior in ac then anything else...
Efreeti armor is nice, but not really that bananas.

The arms you can get cheap azur sleeves which are the same 12 AC.

Bracer has just 8 AC, and symbol of loyalty to vox has 7 ac... so not really missing much there.

Pants you aren't going to get to the 15 ac of efreeti legs.... but you can get 7 or 8 AC pretty easily.

And the BP has 20 ac, but you can 14 - 17 ac pretty easily (especially with kunark).

Then just try to make up a little AC other places (like if you are an iksar, you already can't wear efreeti armor... but their natural AC bonus makes up for it... and if you are a non-gnome, you have flayed skin armor which is pretty good).

Yea, losing a few points of AC isn't a big deal. Especially since you might want some things that give better stats....especially for things like Tolapumj's Robe when kunark comes (it's 14 ac, but gives STR, INT, and 36% haste!... golden efreeti gives 20 ac, same str, and then wisdom, which is useless).
Closed Thread